InternshipData Science Intern
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Data Scientist Internship @ L-3 NSS Data Tactics
Supporting Data Science Team @ L-3 NSS Data Tactics
L-3 NSS Data Tactics provides advanced analytics in varied forms. Our Data Scientist are graduates from top-tier universities and have diverse backgrounds and competencies in quantitative analytic services across a full spectrum of Big Data problems to specification of models to algorithm development.
The Data Tactics Data Science Team is a diverse group and tasked with identifying and solving challenges currently confronting the Defense Department, Intelligence Community (IC) as well as open problems. Multiple projects run both internally and externally constructed, providing team members the chance to explore different focus areas, with outputs ranging from research or white papers to source code and working demos. Clients include DARPA, DHS, DoD, IC, Academia, and Industry.
Our Data Science Intern will work directly with this team and expected to collaborate with eachother. Work can be performed remotely with occasional visits to Data Tactics Headquarters located in McLean VA. Compensation will vary depending on qualifications and ability to work closely to McLean VA. This summer will focus on cyber data with support for other datasets as well. We are looking for canidates (ideally) who wish to work on national security questions, but commercial experience/desire is good too, and who may wish to build a relationship with L-3 Data Tactics and consider future opprotunities. We are accepting applications from US citizens only. 29hrs/week from about May to August.
Find out more:
Data Tactics Homepage: http://www.data-tactics.com
JOB DESCRIPTION Responsibilities:
- Work with and scrape data from the web open APIs or data otherwise of interest to the team – mainly social media and cyber data focus. Experience or knowledge of honeypots is a plus.
- Build an innovative data products using cutting edge tools and technologies in a fast paced environment.
- Work with world class Data Science team for integration of analytics.
- Effectively communicate and report critical issues to the team in a timely manner
- 100% Hands-on coding.
- Good GPA in college
- 0- 2 years of Python, R and/or Java development.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Knowledge of other operating systems other than Windows OS.
- Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Quick Learner with ability to Multi-task and learn in a fast paced environment.
- Data Munging Skills.
- Comfort working remotely and experience with Github.
- Knowledge of data science, data mining, machine learning and statistics.
Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of different development methodologies.
- High-end knowledge of data science, data mining, machine learning and statistics.
- Knowledge of R and R plotting and/or Python matplotlib, Scikit, Julia, Spark, Shark, Map-Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Pig.
- Experience working with open source technologies and communities for innovative.
How to ApplyIf interested please contact Richard Heimann (email@example.com).
2023 total views, 2 today