NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Booking.com is one of the top 5 e-commerce companies in the world because our employees love to create a better Booking.com experience for our customers every day. We work hard but play harder, and we base all of our decisions on data.
As a Data Scientist at Booking.com you will help steer the improvements of our products, give strategy perspective to our teams, and provide business understanding to the organization based on your data analysis.
At Booking, we have teams focusing on different areas of our business: the front end of our website, content of the pages, demands of our products, customer satisfaction and loyalty. Depending on your experience, interests and fit you will work in one of these teams collaborating with developers, business stakeholders, and/or product owners to deliver actionable results.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter. You’re able to manage and analyze big data sets with analytical rigor using statistical methods, and summarize and translate your findings into business possibilities. You are a top performer with capacity to communicate effectively from discussing your usage of machine-learning specifications with developers and analysts, to translating your complex data-driven findings into business strategies with senior leaders. As a highly technical individual you are result-focused, and possess a strong business understanding.
Innovation and learning are our lifeblood, so you are generally free to use the tools you see fit. Your colleagues will have a preference for Perl, Python, R and Hadoop. Previous experience and/or proven interest in artificial intelligence, machine learning, data mining, predictive analysis, etc. are a plus.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with wide technical skills set, and is highly proficient in turning data discoveries into profitable products and measurable improvements for our customers.
- Collect and manage large data sets to perform complex data analysis
- Work as part of a multi-discipline product development team
- Transform data into insights to identify & quantify business opportunities
- Communicate the results and their implications to the business stakeholders
- Have the capacity to adapt to our fast-paced environment while generating innovative solutions
Required Skills & Experience
- 3 years of experience in a relevant role, applying theoretical principles and techniques to practical (or real world) situations
- Commercial attitude and interest, with strong business understanding
- Experience using data mining techniques, and solving analytical problems
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Statistic, Math, Physics or comparable field
- Knowledge of Perl language and/or other programming languages
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal), demonstrated by experience in contact with clients or suppliers, customer support, teaching or outreach activities, conferences, publishing, etc.
- Currently living in the Netherlands or prepared to relocate in the Netherlands
Interested? We offer a competitive salary plus bonus, with possibilities for further career opportunities within our fast growing company. This position is open to worldwide candidates. In the case of relocation we will assist you with a relocation package insuring a smooth transition to working and living in the Netherlands.
You are you, We are Booking! We are a global company headquartered in the beautiful city of Amsterdam. Our culture is built around good ideas and a collaborative environment. We all share the responsibility to make our company even better. We believe that every employee can add his or her own unique value to the company, just by being you. We invite you to make your own mark on the company. Together we can set off on an exciting journey
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website
1161 total views, 1 today