FreelanceENBIS‐14: Call for Papers
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ENBIS – the European Network for Business and Industrial Statistics – is a platform where statistical practitioners and academic statisticians from Europe and beyond meet, exchange ideas and design new projects. ENBIS sponsors an annual conference and numerous additional events, many of them web‐based.
The annual conference takes place every September and hosts presentations from a wide variety of sectors, ranging from manufacturing to service, from private to public sector. This year, the ENBIS‐14 conference will be held on 22‐24 September 2014 in Linz, Austria. ENBIS‐14 will feature a number of distinguished keynote speakers, invited and contributed sessions, workshops and panel discussions, as well as short pre‐ and post‐conference courses.
Among the confirmed keynote speakers for ENBIS‐14 are:
– William Meeker, Iowa State University (USA).
– Enrique del Castillo, Penn State University (USA).
– Luigi del Re, Johannes Kepler University (AUT).
Session topics include but are not limited to the following areas:
– Design of physical & computer experiments.
– Measurement uncertainty.
– Process modeling and control.
– Reliability and safety.
– Operational risk management.
– Data mining and warehousing.
– Statistical computing.
– Statistics in the pharmaceutical industry.
– Quality improvement and Six Sigma.
– Statistical engineering.
– Time series modeling and forecasting.
– Process improvement in healthcare.
– Operations research and management.
– Analysis of massive data sets.
– Risk analysis and assessment.
– Business analytics.
– Teaching business and industrial statistics.
– Statistical process control.
Confirmed pre‐ and post‐ conference events in the framework of ENBIS‐14 are:
– Course on R as an Extension of Excel by Erich Neuwirth.
– Course on Design of Experiments (DOE) with JMP by Volker Kraft.
– Industrial visit to voestalpine Stahlwelt.
How to ApplyThe conference registration and registration for the courses and the industrial visit are open. You are cordially invited to submit an abstract for your presentation. The abstract submission deadline is April 30th, 2014. Simply visit www.enbis.org (Upcoming Events / ENBIS‐14), log in and submit. If you are not yet a member of ENBIS, register – it’s easy and there is no membership fee. We’re looking forward to seeing you in Linz!
1469 total views, 2 today