Full-TimeR programmer / research analyst
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Seeking an independent self-starter who loves to apply strong technical skills and aptitude to pressing public policy issues:
– The team member will develop open-source stochastic simulation models, in R (or possibly other languages), of the finances of public sector pension funds. Other tasks will include gathering and analyzing public sector pension fund data, maintaining a project web page, developing web interfaces to models as needed, developing presentations, conducting related policy research, and contributing to reports.
– The position will involve exposure to and visibility with nationally recognized experts in public pension fund finance and administration, as well as with investment professionals, actuaries, economists, government finance officials, elected officials, and others.
– We’re looking for a master’s degree or better; resourcefulness, intelligence and independence; a thirst for knowledge and perfection; strong aptitude in computer programming; strong math skills; and other qualities described in the full position announcement (see links below).
– We prefer that the individual work out of the Institute’s Albany office, but remote working arrangements without relocation to Albany may be possible.
– The position is limited to two years with an anticipated start date of October 15, 2014. A successful candidate is likely to have considerable opportunities after the two-year period is ended.
– We anticipate an annual salary of $60-85k, depending upon qualifications.
How to ApplyFor full details interested individuals should visit http://www.rockinst.org/about_us/employment/ , where they will find the job announcement (http://www.rockinst.org/about_us/employment/Announcement%20Programmer%20AnalystFINAL.pdf ), related application materials, and background information about the project. All questions about the position and the application process should be directed to Heather Stone (email@example.com).
1916 total views, 1 today