Mango Solutions is a privately owned company based in the UK and with offices in China and Switzerland. Established in 2002 by two of the present directors we work with organizations large and small across many sectors, including the pharmaceutical, finance, actuarial, energy and sensory industries. Mango employs a range of statistical, mathematical and IT specialists who develop software applications and provide consultancy, support and training services.
|R AND SAS CONSULTANT |
KEY ROLE OBJECTIVES
- Work with Mango customers as a data science consultant to advise on the best approaches to data analysis on an enterprise scale
- Design, develop and implement analytical solutions for Mango customers
- Support Mango Solutions Project Managers and the project team by pro-actively providing timely progress updates, highlighting potential issues as early as possible, and suggesting areas for process improvements
- Support the Sales Team when communicating externally
- Support the Mango Project team and external customers with the design and development of project deliverables, identifying out of scope requests to the Mango Project team
- Support the Mango Sales team providing input to proposals and technical support at pre-sales meetings.
- Ensure Mango coding standards and processes are adhered to, identifying areas of improvement to Mango Management
- Provide accurate and timely progress updates to the Mango management, project management and the project team
- Provide documentation to support research activities and ensures programming deliverables are appropriately archived
- Support and assist with the implementation of Mango departmental initiatives.
- Develop, deliver and/or assist with the provision of training for internal and external customers as required, identifying training gaps where possible
- Ensure compliance to Mango and/or Client SOPs, standards and all applicable regulation
- Other duties as assigned
|MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS |
- In depth knowledge of analytical programming languages, software, techniques, and processes. Knowledge of R is essential to this role
- Applied experience of machine learning and/or data mining algorithms and methods
- BSc/BA in a computer science, mathematics or engineering subject
- Around 5 years of programming experience
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL database technologies
- The ability to drive or fly to meetings at client sites, including international travel
- An appreciation of development practices, such as code design, peer reviews, unit testing and code control
- Attention to detail to ensure a high quality of output at all times. Must have strong skills in spoken and written English
|HIGHLY DESIRABLE |
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, C++, Java, .NET, etc.
- Knowledge of map/reduce and “Big Data” frameworks such as Hadoop and the associated query languages Hive and Pig
- Industrial experience in one or more of: finance, insurance, sensory, energy, pharmaceuticals, marketing
How to Apply
To apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease note: We are only able to consider applications from those legally eligible to work within the European Union
393 total views, 2 today