Full-TimeLead Data Scientist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Lead Data Scientist will provide leadership and technical expertise in developing and delivering Kalibrate Technologies’ Research Agenda. They will be responsible for planning and formulating all aspects of the scientific research required, through effective leadership of a team of data scientists. The Lead Data Scientist and their team are expected to play a large and important role in the future direction of Kalibrate’s products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, manage and report on the company’s Research Agenda (e.g. improve/standardise/benchmark library of mathematical models, develop new model algorithms for new software products etc…)
- Implement the company research agenda via a team of data scientists
- Work as part of a multi-discipline product development team.
- Transform data into insights to identify & quantify business opportunities.
- Recruit and train a pool of qualified data scientists as needed.
- Work with the scientific developers to assist them in implementing models in production ready tools and services.
- Work with business domain experts (professional services, sales and marketing) to improve the company’s understanding of industry sectors and associated issues.
- Contribute towards the publication of research papers.
- Be part of one or more governing bodies that control the strategic product direction and it subsequent implementation.
- Presentation of papers, articles and related materials at conferences, seminars and other public events.
- Communicate the results and their implications to the business stakeholders
- The role requires 3+ years of direct experience in managing a Research team
- A PhD or master’s degree in statistics, mathematics or a related engineering/science degree is required.
Individual must also be skilled in the following areas:
- Very high academic achievement (including publications) in a statistics, operational research or applied mathematics subject (e.g. control engineering, modelling & optimisation theory)
- Professional usage of mathematical software development tools such as R and SAS.
- A good understanding of database structures and queries, including stored procedures and triggers preferred (preferably MS SQL)
- Ability to think strategically
- Demonstrate a good level of creativity in design of solutions
- Ability to communicate with others within the department and company in both written and oral format.
- Experience presenting research papers/materials in public to both a technical and nontechnical audience.
Travel of up to 25% may be required to attend necessary and appropriate seminars and interact with remote staff.
How to ApplyCLICK HERE TO APPLY
1419 total views, 2 today