Full-TimeStaff Data Scientist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The person in this position will be a principal technical contributor to the data science aspect of multiple projects in the Smart Device and Data Sciences focus area at BD Technologies. This group focuses on early stage development of concepts integrating medical devices, software, and analytics. This involves creative thinking about how to use data and predictive modeling to improve healthcare, rapid development of analysis methods, and rigorous implementation in prototype systems. The ability to tackle all aspects of a complex data analysis project with minimal supervision will be critical. This includes evaluation and development of methods drawn from statistics, machine learning, and mathematical modeling, efficient and reliable analysis in statistical software (R strongly preferred), effective data visualization, and communication of results. The ability to combine flexibility with rigor in a fast-paced environment is necessary, as is the ability to incorporate the scientific and business context of projects into technical decision-making. The person in this position will be a key member of an integrated team of data scientists, software developers, and engineers within BD Technologies, and will also interact with BD internal and external collaborators. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders with various technical backgrounds are critical.
– Advanced degree in statistics, computer science, mathematics, or physics (M.S. required, Ph.D preferred)
– 3+ years researching/developing quantitative methods for application-driven analysis of complex data streams
– Expertise in one or more relevant statistics/modeling languages (R strongly preferred)
– Experience applying predictive modeling methods to real-world systems
– Strong data visualization and technical communication skills
– Experience working with biological or medical data
– Experience with reproducible research and collaborative programming practice preferred
– Experience implementing models/algorithms in production systems including big data, – testing, and performance considerations preferred
– Knowledge of industry standards and FDA regulations preferred
– Experience with early stage clinical trials preferred
– Expertise in one or more relevant general programming languages preferred (Python, Java, etc.)
How to ApplyApply by going to this site: http://jobs.bd.com/north-carolina/research-and-development/jobid5028235-staff-data-scientist-jobs
1726 total views, 1 today