Full-Time BI Data Analyst Consultant (@Bristol)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
This is a great opportunity to join KETL an established small consultancy on a planned growth phase. Being small ensures that this position will offer plenty of variety as well unlimited opportunity to develop your technical and inter-personal skills. Your role will be primarily client facing and you will have the opportunity to be involved in the full life cycle of a mixture of small and large projects as the company grows :
- Client and Project Management
- Requirements, Scoping and Data Discovery
- High level designs for migration, integration and reporting solutions
- Database design and optimisation
- ETL Design and building
- Statistical Analysis
- Data Visualisation
Although primarily based in the South West this role will require some travel outside of the region including London.
Please send a brief description of how, if selected, you would approach this role along with your CV and salary expectations. A LinkedIn profile on it’s own will not be considered.
Desired Skills and Experience
Technical skills can be taught but you need to bring the personality, attitude and drive. You need to love data. You need to be a quick and eager learner, disciplined and detailed, able to think on your feet and be flexible under pressure. You will need to be comfortable dealing with a variety of personalities and able to handle multiple work streams simultaneously.
You will have at least 2-3 years demonstrable experience in a consulting role handling multiple concurrent clients.
We are not setting limits on experience but would expect you to have an understanding of the following areas :
- Java : Some understanding of classes, methods and how to write basic functions
- Big Data : Hadoop, MongoDB, InfoBright
- Structured Databases : Any of Oracle, MS Sql, MySQL, Ingres.
- ETL Tools : Talend, Informatica, Ab Initio, Data Stage. Also of interest any experience in hand crafted code to move data between systems.
- Reporting Tools : Jaspersoft, Spotfire, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, QlikView
- Linux/Unix : Although the software used by Ketl runs on all platforms some experience or exposure to Linux is required. This should include an understanding of disk mounting, file/directory handling, user permissions and shell scripting.
About this company
KETL is a data management and integration consultancy based in Bristol UK. We help clients who recognise their data is their competitive edge. We improve the data quality, the data reporting and business insight that your data can provide. Our data consultants can build data warehouses, data reporting systems for Business Intelligence, data analytics dashboards to enable you to predict areas of growth, we can manage and automate your ETL (Extract Transform Load) functions between data systems and we can help you automate your data profiling and cleaning functions too.