Full-Time Data Analyst @ New York
Vericred Data Analyst
Health insurance is going through a transformation and Vericred is powering transparency in this hot FinTech market. We are searching for an experienced and collaborative data analyst to join our team.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Collaborating with the data and development teams to validate and maintain data accuracy over time.
- ETL data to expand our data footprint
- Identifying new data sources to enhance the depth, breadth and quality of our product offerings
- Developing queries and building reports to generate actionable intelligence
- Analyzing and visualizing data to provide greater transparency into the health insurance market
- Investigating data related inquiries from customers
- Have 2+ years experience working with R:
- Transforming data using different packages such as dplyr, tidyr and/or data.table
- Reading data from external sources in various formats (parsing html, json)
- Debugging and defensive programming
- Have 5+ years experience as a data analyst
- Know the basics of relational database structures, and be able to query data from remote databases
- Understand the principles of tidy data and the importance of working with data in ways that are scalable, transparent and reproducible
- Possess organizational skills to track large data projects over time
- Be collaborative and fun to work with
- Familiarity with SERFF filings a plus
We are transforming the healthcare system
We are dedicated to providing accurate, complete and accessible healthcare provider data for use by consumers, doctors, insurers, regulators and healthcare facilities. Healthcare lags many industries in the application of technology. We are building a centralized database of healthcare provider data and creating innovative applications to package that data.
We build great products, using great practices
We believe in building a culture in which we strive for perfection and where collaboration is vital to our success. We use an Agile/Kanban methodology that incorporates extensive in-person user testing, rapid development and deployment and close monitoring of results in production.
We encourage personal growth
Interested in attending (or better yet speaking at) a conference? Have a not for profit you are passionate about? We provide paid time off and expenses for such activities. Have a cool hobby? Give one of our weekly talks about your interests. We are organizers and sponsors of several Meetup groups.
We have fun
We do weekly company-wide events like bowling and happy hours. We provide unlimited snacks and drinks. Our open vacation policy encourages you to take time off when you need it.
And let’s not forget the financial side …
- Competitive salary
- Equity participation
- Health benefits
- Stand-up desks
- And more to come …