Full-Time Data Analyst @ Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Niche is a rapidly growing startup company located in Pittsburgh, in the heart of Shadyside. We have hundreds of millions of reviews, opinions, and data points on every college, school, and neighborhood in the U.S., and millions of monthly website visitors reading that content. We’re obsessed with providing students, families, and professionals with best-in-class content and deep insight into big life decisions.
About the Job
We’re looking for a highly motivated Data Analyst to help us grow our business. You’ll be tasked with seeking out new data and finding interesting ways of using that data to improve on the quality of our products and help people better choose places to live, work, and go to school.
- Seek out, collect, clean, and update data sources on K-12 schools, colleges, and places
- Help turn statistics and raw user generated content into compelling content for our users
- Analyze the quality of our data and identify opportunities for improvement
- Support sales and marketing teams with data exports and data analysis
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases
- Basic knowledge of various statistical analysis software packages
- Hard worker who wants to learn and grow with the position and company
- Good team player, go-getter, passionate about being part of a successful company
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects concurrently
- Basic understanding of ETL processes
- Expert knowledge of SQL and/or PostGreSQL databases
- Experience with geospatial and boundary data
- Advanced knowledge of multiple statistical analysis software packages, specifically R.
- Advanced knowledge of modern statistical analyses (such as Bayesian methods, outlier detection, multi-level, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of writing custom data analysis scripts
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time, salaried position with competitive compensation and benefits including 20 paid days off per year, parental leave, stock options, SIMPLE IRA, and a comprehensive health plan, including vision and dental, provided at no cost to the employee. Niche is committed to the local community and offers three paid volunteering days per year. We’ve also been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in Southwestern PA by the Pittsburgh Business Times. EOE.