Full-Time Data Engineer (m/w)
Are you dreaming about analyzing what millions of people around the world think and feel right now? Can you develop systems to convert raw data into meaningful insights for data-driven decision-making? Then send us your application!
Why this is an amazing opportunity
- You will work with massive and unique datasets on global public opinion and consumer attitudes that will make you the envy of data engineers the world over.
- Join an open and diverse team from across the world with a laid back, non-hierarchical culture and a great office space.
- Everything you do will have a significant impact right at the heart of our company. We’re on a fast-track and so will your career be.
What you will do in your role
- Define and implement world-class analytics solutions to ensure that Dalia’s product, engineering and operations teams have 24/7 access to crucial information.
- Work closely together with the IT department on big data infrastructures capable of processing a continuous data-stream from millions of micro-surveys.
- Work closely with product teams on developing client-oriented insights solutions, dashboards, analytics applications and automatically generated reports.
What you need to be great at
- Proven experience in database design, data extraction and transformation with SQL and NoSQL databases; expertise in setting up and maintaining big data infrastructures such as Spark or Hadoop.
- Track record of writing stable, efficient, and production-ready code in R or Python; experience in software implementation projects and collaborative development tools such as Git or SVN.
- Ability to understand the needs and wants of others; excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills across a number of stakeholder groups.
What we are great at
Founded in 2013 and headquartered in Berlin, Dalia harnesses the app economy and advanced data science to distribute millions of micro surveys worldwide to gather and analyze real time data on consumer attitudes, public opinion and market trends. Backed by some of Europe’s leading venture capital firms, Dalia has generated over a billion answers from people spread across 96 countries with the resulting data cited in over 2.000 news articles globally.
How to ApplyWe like to keep things lean and simple. To apply for this position, please:
- Send an email with the position in the subject line to [email protected]
- Include a link to your LinkedIn profile and your CV or anything else that gives us an overview of your experience