Full-Time Data Integration Analyst
Data Integration Analyst – Ipsos Behavioral Data Group
New York, NY
We are the Ipsos Behavioral Data Group. We’re a small but diverse growing team of data nerds specialized in understanding the pairing of consumer attitudes with digital behaviors. This year we have evolved our vast collection of custom project work into a standardized suite of business solutions. It’s an exciting time to join us. We have a voracious appetite for learning and a geeky sense of humor. This team doesn’t shy away from challenges and we excel at tackling some of the toughest problems in market research today.
We work with Fortune 500 partners across all industries worldwide to bring new data streams into our business, combining them with advanced analytical and modeling techniques to develop a better understanding of our clients’ customers.
We’re looking for a motivated and independent-minded individual adept in databases and proficient in data integration to shape and enhance our data processing systems. Our work centers us at the intersection of numerous data sources, including mobile activity, desktop usage, digital behavioral data, and survey responses. This data integration analyst will own all standardized data processing for the team, including the extract-transform-load (ETL) steps and the development of efficient scripting environments. Production of standardized team deliveries are also in the responsibilities, along with assistance in expansions of new products. Self-motivation and a knack for data wrangling are both must haves.
- Own the data lifecycle process. Own production of several core standardized deliveries.
- Collaborate with DBAs on administration tasks. Create databases, archive data, manage storage.
- Contribute to the ideation, sourcing, development, and refinement of new research capabilities.
- Manage data vendor relationships. Understand and convey strengths or caveats of their data.
- Load in daily partner bulk data via SSIS. Update and run packages. Troubleshoot external API calls.
- Ensure existing table structures are optimized and queries run efficiently.
- Stay current to data changes and external factors that may impact data consistency or integrity.
- Apply critical thinking to quickly identify and resolve data quality and integration issues.
Must Have Qualifications
- 2-3 years of work experience in analytics, data science, market research or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in SSIS or T-SQL. (Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject. (e.g. Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering)
- Experience using scripting (Python, Perl) or programming languages (VB.NET, C#) for analytics.
- Experience working effectively with very large and complex datasets.
- Expert knowledge of foundational data warehousing concepts, best practices, and procedures.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong initiative and dedicated work ethic.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with research studies such as path to purchase, segment profiling, and attribution.
- Experience with online panels, surveys, clickstream data, proxy servers, or internet metering.
- Experience with statistical or scientific computational software like SPSS, SAS, R, or Matlab.
- Experience with product ownership, maintenance, and enhancements of features.