Full-Time Data Science Faculty (Assistant/Associate Professor, Tenure Track)
Tenure Track Faculty – Assistant/Associate Professor
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Saint Louis University Center for Outcomes Research (SLUCOR), the faculty member provides significant expertise and experience in the field of Data Science. The position will be responsible for developing/teaching courses, leading research, mentoring students, participating in corporate consulting, and developing academic programs.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Provides significant expertise and experience in the field of Data Science to expand SLUCOR’s teaching, research and consulting activities.
- Develops and teaches courses in SLUCOR’s degree and certificate programs.
- Collaborates on the expansion of SLUCOR academic programs, recruitment of students, and building relationships with other programs inside and outside the university.
- Establishes and leads a program of collaborative research that results in high-profile publications and external funding.
- Collaborate with other SLUCOR faculty in securing and conducting corporate consulting contracts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
· Programming (e.g., Python, R, SQL)
· Statistical methods for data analytics
· Predictive modeling
· Big data cleaning and integration
· Database management
· Machine learning
· Cloud computing
· Data Visualization
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent teaching and mentoring skills
· History of independent research
Education and experience equivalent to:
- PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Informatics, Bioinformatics, Health Services Research or related field
- At least 3 years of experience working with healthcare data and research
- Experience teaching undergraduate or graduate courses
- High quality publication record in the area of expertise appropriate for the candidate’s professional rank
About the Saint Louis University Center for Outcomes Research
The Saint Louis University Center for Outcomes Research (SLUCOR) is an independent academic unit dedicated to leading scientific research and educational programming about healthcare quality and effectiveness. SLUCOR works collaboratively with the other colleges and schools within the university on a broad range of clinical, basic science and health policy research projects. Since its founding in 2003, SLUCOR has helped shape clinical care and policy in five key areas: organ transplantation, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, health-care quality and drug effectiveness and safety. Research programs are funded through the National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, nonprofit agencies and corporate sponsors.
SLUCOR offers innovative educational programs leading to certificates, master’s degrees and a doctorate degree. Master’s degrees are offered in health data science and outcomes research; the programs were established in 2016 and 2013, respectively. Medical students may earn a dual M.D./Ph.D. in outcomes research. SLUCOR partners with the College for Public Health and Social Justice to offer a Ph.D. with a concentration health outcomes research. Law students may earn a dual M.S./J.D. Accessible to students across the country, the fully web-based format for the outcomes research program accommodates the schedules of working professionals; the curriculum for health data science employs a hybrid format, mixing online and in-person courses. All programs position students for new leadership and research opportunities across many sectors of health care. SLUCOR graduates serve important roles in universities, non-profit organizations, government agencies, law firms, and health care companies across the United States.