Full-Time Data Scientist for collecting and analyzing online data on moms and women
CafeMom’s newly launched Athena audience targeting group is looking for a Data Scientist to support our efforts to aggregate the highest quality data on moms and women across the web. The Data Scientist will assist in the development of Athena’s audience data capability, rolling up his / her sleeves to collect, organize, segment, analyze, and optimize data. With Athena we are creating a strategic gateway through which top brands can reach the right audience with the right message at real scale – all to drive performance. We now have unparalleled capabilities to target 80MM+ women across the web which we optimize in-flight to surpass our advertisers’ performance goals. This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about big data who thrives in a start-up environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Help develop ETL and processing infrastructure for big data work flows
- Build out Data Warehousing to incorporate growing list of data sources
- Develop and maintain classification and clustering models using machine learning
- Expand our business intelligence and model outcome reporting
- Work with our Chief Data Scientist to ensure strong performance across range of active campaigns
Skills and Competencies:
- M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Predictive Analytics or related discipline
- Familiarity working with large-scale systems and data platforms (e.g. Hive, Hadoop, AWS, Netezza, Greenplum)
- Familiarity using a scripting language (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl)
- Familiarity using a statistical analysis language (e.g. R, SciPy)
- Experience in data mining, machine learning and predictive analysis preferred
- Excellent analytical skills to deliver meaningful and impact-driven insights
- Must want to work in a start up environment solving big technical issues
- Great communication and teamwork skills
A competitive base salary will be offered. In addition, we offer health/dental/vision benefits, 401k, life insurance, paid vacation/sick/personal time, and many perks.
We regret that we are unable to respond to each resume. Only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. CafeMom is an equal opportunity employer.