Full-Time Data Scientist (m/f) @ Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
You like the feel and power of working in a start-up?
You want to make a real difference in our world-wide Data Science?
Then join The Kreditech Group as our Data Analyst!
We use big data and complex machine-learning algorithms to serve a simple mission: “Building a ‘digital bank’ for the unscored worldwide.”
The Kreditech Group is split into two parts: “Kredi” stands for the subsidiaries operating as financial service providers that issue credit to private individuals. The second part, “tech” is the Hamburg-based tech company – Kreditech Holding – developing banking technology and providing supporting services.
The data analyst will be responsible for collecting and analyzing product, marketing and customer data, and optimizing the corresponding KPIs. This role will support customer acquisition, conversion, retention, along with customer research initiatives, and perform ad hoc analysis to support the marketing and product departments in making the right decisions. This role will have broad exposure to the business and opportunity for career growth.
- Utilize SQL to extract data from relational databases.
- Import and analyze data, preferably in R.
- Build forecast models for key business metrics.
- Work closely with data scientists and build models to optimize customer acquisition, conversion and retention rates.
- Work closely with data engineers to ensure models find their way to production.
- Translate results into business recommendations and actions for senior management.
Skills and Experience:
- University degree with strong academic performance in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Operational Research, Industrial Engineering, Business Informatics).
- Experience performing statistical analysis and modeling in R. Excel or any reporting/visualization software (e.g. tableau, qlikview etc), along with strong willingness to learn R, could be considered instead.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Strong quantitative/analytical capabilities combined with experience in dealing with large and/or complex data sets.
- 2 or more years of experience in a data analyst or similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL.
- Master or PhD degree in a quantitative field.
- Understanding of online marketing and online products.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google analytics and/or Google tag manager.
You get along with just about everyone. You are passionate about your work, like to be around people from all over the world, and you take an active interest in creative development.
Life @ The Kreditech Group
We want to take good care of our employees – we want to make sure that working is exciting and productive. So to keep the team happy, the Kreditech Group offers a modern, chic centrally located headquarter office in Hamburg. Inside, you’ll find a team of bright, highly motivated individuals to work with, a fast moving environment with rapid growth where the sky is the limit, and the chance to create a real impact in the shaping of the company. Outside, we make sure you can keep fit with a gym pass and some other perks. All in all, you’re in good hands!
The Kreditech Group is a place of innovation, speed, high growth, high performance, and high reward. We break established tradition, we write our own rules, and we bring in the best people to build up the team. If you want to be a part of this, here is your chance.
Kreditech’s Headquarters are in Hamburg, Germany. EU immigration law permits us to accept candidates without an EU work permit only if their profile and applicable work experience is exceptionally strong by the criteria listed above, so it’s best if you already have a work permit valid in Germany.