Full-Time Financial Analyst/Modeler @ Mesa, Arizona, U.S.
MD HELICOPTERS, INC. Job Opportunity – Financial Analyst/Modeler
Represent the finance function and provide guidance to the business team. Responsible for updating and review of the pricing model and dashboard with cost information including material cost, labor rates and burden rates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Compiles and analyzes the Company’s financial information and presents in a format to meet the requirements of internal and external customers.
- Develops integrated financial models for revenue, margins and costs as well as the cash impact to the business, specifically as it relates to the Company’s borrowing base. Models will be based on assumptions provided by the CFO and should be created in a manner to perform analysis of various scenarios.
- Accumulate daily, weekly and monthly financial metrics to monitor Company performance.
- Ability to prepare Power Point presentations for the Company’s monthly/quarterly operating reviews and annual budget/strategic plan review.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports for the CFO.
- Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly grasp complex business situations.
- Advanced/expert knowledge of R programming, Microsoft Excel, Access, Power Point and other Microsoft Office Applications.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively build internal skills.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- ERP system experience; knowledge of JD Edwards preferred.
- Experience in organizing and preparation of Power Point presentations for upper levels of management.
- Experience in adhering to established deadlines.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- The ability to understand and follow instructions and the ability to concentrate is required.
- Access to Export Control Information.
- Regular attendance at the worksite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- MBA Preferred.
- 5-8 years hands-on financial analyst experience. At least 2 years financial modeling experience in an investment banking required.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contracts, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPA is preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work performed in an office and factory settings.
- Exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
MD Helicopters, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals.