Full-Time Investment Data Analyst
This role will have an impact on the whole organization as data and technology drives every area of the firm including how we analyze investments, model systematic strategies and interact with clients. You will work as part of the research and investment team to analyze existing factor-based investment strategies in addition to creating new systematic strategies across a variety of asset classes. You will be relied upon to use data and technology to empower the whole team to make informed and effective decisions on behalf of our institution clients.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related disciplines
- Familiarity with R or a similar language (Python, Matlab, Julia, etc)
- Experience with financial data
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to effectively communicate complex analysis to a wide range of audiences
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States
The ideal candidate will have exposure in one or more of the following areas
- Proficiency in R, with experience in modeling, analysis, data visualization and reporting.
- Writing and maintaining R packages (public or private)
- Data management expertise, including developing and implementing database schemas
- Developing Shiny applications and/or other web-based interactive technologies
- Interactive data visualization experiences (using Highcharts, Plotly, or similar)
- Familiarity with SQL and NOSQL databases and their connections to R and other languages
- Experience using a Git workflow to develop code
About Risk Premium Investment Management Company LLC (RPIMco)
RPIMco is an investment management firm that designs, builds and manages customized portfolios and multi-asset strategies for institutional investors. We have built a proprietary research and investment framework and we are specialists in factor-based investing. We work in all asset classes: equities, credit, rates, FX and commodities. RPIMco was started in 2014 and currently manages $ 3.523 billion total regulatory AUM. The firm’s senior team members each have over 30 years of experience in asset allocation, multi-asset investments, portfolio construction, quantitative research and risk management.