This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
30 Aug 2016
Full-Time Lead Data Scientist for Lumosity @ San Francisco, California, U.S.
Lumosity is a brain training program with over 70 million users and 3.7 billion games played. In addition to producing more games for Lumosity, we’re also creating new products that combine science, engineering and game design to leverage social interactions, creativity, and more.
The Data Science team at Lumosity works closely with our Product, Marketing and Science teams, leveraging the data from over 70 million members to build compelling product features, support robust product experimentation and analysis, and support our scientific efforts. We’re looking for a self-starter who has experience working cross-functionally to deliver product features and improvements using data.
Read more about how Lumosity uses Data Science here!
- 2+ years of experience leading and building a team of data scientists, preferably at a product-driven technology company
- 8+ years of experience conducting analysis and modeling of large datasets, including at least 4 years of industry experience
- Experience mentoring and supporting the career growth of both junior and senior contributors
- PhD in a quantitative discipline or Master’s plus equivalent experience
- Expertise with R, Python and/or other standard statistical tools and scripting languages, and significant experience with analytical database systems (SQL, others)
- Excellent communication skills – in this role you will be coordinating with many different functions across the company
- Familiarity with tools for computing over large datasets, e.g. Hadoop, Spark
- A PhD or other advanced background in quantitative and computational analyses of human cognition, neuroscience, or other behavioral sciences
- Lead and grow a team of data scientists supporting advanced data needs across the product and business, from giving our users the most delightful and actionable insights in our product, to supporting A/B testing, to building predictive models for our business
- Own the roadmap for how we can best leverage our cognitive game data in service of our product, business, and scientific goals
- Coordinate with Product team to align Data Science efforts and advocate for the most impactful use of our data in our product development efforts
- Work with our Product and Data Engineering teams to support the development of new data products and help guide infrastructure decisions
- Partner with the Lumos creative team to translate your team’s work into engauging, user-facing products
- Has ownership of an enormous and rich set of cognitive behavioral data
- Deep collaboration with research groups from top universities and institutions
- A collaborative culture where promotion from within is encouraged
- Competitive health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Flexible PTO — take the time off when you need it
- Equinox gym reimbursement (or $ towards the gym or classes of your choice)
- Catered lunch 4 times a week, fully stocked kitchen & snacks, and dinner if you work late
- Weekly happy hours and bi-monthly movie nights
- Game room with Smash tournaments, tons of board games, ping pong, chess, and Legos
- Team off-sites (past excursions include archery, rafting, indoor skydiving)