Full-Time Lead Statistician Genomics and Biomarkers @ New Jersey, U.S.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Lead Statistician, are to:
• Take the statistical lead for projects regarding genomics and biomarkers;
• Lead virtual teams of statisticians and/or representatives from other functions;
• Lead the development and evolution of project standards;
• Provide statistical and methodological consultation and contributes to multi-disciplinary and multi-company teams;
• Respond to inquiries from health authorities and other internal or external partners;
• Keep abreast of regulatory and methodological issues and ensures communication of these in the respective teams;
• Influence decision making processes during early and late drug development and/or life-cycle management by use of appropriate statistical methodology (e.g. simulations, meta-analyses or modeling approaches);
• Develop and implement innovative statistical methodology for the respective field of responsibility, if appropriate in cooperation with academic experts.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
• PhD or MS in Biostatistics, Statistics or Mathematics
• At least six years of experience as statistician with significant time spent in the Pharma or Biotech sector;
• Thorough knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry including understanding of clinical drug development process and associated documents and regulations, in particular relating the genomics and biomarkers;
• Experience in leading teams;
• Experience in planning and analyzing genomics and biomarker studies and projects;
• Very good knowledge of statistical programming languages (including R and SAS);
• Fluent English skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the “Passion to Innovate” and the “Power to Change”, we encourage you to apply now. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
Reference Code: 7142