Full-Time Major Accounts Executive
RStudio is a scientific and technical computing public benefit corporation. We make free open-source data science software used by millions of people. Our commercial software is used by hundreds of thousands of people in more than 1,200 organizations today.
The problem we solve is huge and straightforward: The technology to amass data exceeds our abilities to make use of it. We help people to understand their data, share that understanding with others, and use that understanding to make their businesses and the world better.
Every organization is a potential customer for RStudio and many already use our free and open-source tools for R and Python today. As the open-source data science movement grows, RStudio is uniquely positioned to provide a general purpose, modular, commercial data science platform for organizations who are adopting these open-source data science languages at scale.
We are looking for Major Account Executives to work closely with some of our largest and fastest-growing customers. This position is responsible for account planning and strategy, relationship building, executive engagement, needs assessment, product presentation and coordination of stakeholders across regions. Most of the assigned accounts are existing RStudio customers with potential to substantially expand their use and to establish RStudio as their preferred general purpose data science platform for R and Python. Positions are available in the Life Sciences, Finance and Insurance verticals as well as general named account assignments. These individuals will have responsibility to:
- Build strong relationships with current and new customers
- Create account-based strategies for widening use and for increasing customer understanding of the value of the RStudio toolchain
- Expand use of RStudio products and promote selection of RStudio as their enterprise data science platform
- Ensure continued subscription to existing licenses
- Navigate customer organizations to identify influencers and decision makers to find new opportunities
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry knowledge in order to effectively lead presentations to senior managers and decision makers
- Forecast accurately in Salesforce on most likely sales volumes over relevant time periods as well as keep detailed notes on prospect and customer interactions
- Collect customer feedback and feature requests and share with Product team
- Be the point person for customer related issues
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
- 5+ years enterprise software sales experience, ideally in the Analytics, Data Science, Business Intelligence or Developer Tools spaces
- Demonstrated ability to close transactions in the $250k – $1M range
- Experience selling at the VP and C level
- Aptitude for understanding and articulating complex technologies
- Proven ability to create and execute enterprise account strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present complex products and pricing strategies
- Independent and self motivated
- Desire to continually learn new products and emerging market trends
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and aim to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: over 50% of our engineering group is dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- A profit-sharing program when the company does well
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.