Full-Time Primary Research Analyst @ Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The Applied Analytics team at Legendary Entertainment is seeking a full-time Primary Research Analyst. The ideal candidate has interests in human behavior and the entertainment industry and is looking to learn more. Full responsibilities and required qualifications are listed below. To apply or for more information, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Legendary is a leading global media company with film, television, digital and comics divisions dedicated to owning, producing and delivering innovative content like Jurassic World, Godzilla, and The Dark Knight to mainstream audiences with a targeted focus on the powerful fandom demographic. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $12 billion worldwide at the box office. A trusted brand built on quality and authenticity, we create unmissable cultural event properties and breathe life into the most epic myths of our time.
Legendary’s Applied Analytics division is based in Boston (Copley Square), where researchers from a variety of backgrounds contribute to an atmosphere of innovation and rigorous methodology. Applied Analytics sources and leverages emerging data to quantitatively model, predict, and influence consumer purchasing decisions in the entertainment industry and beyond.
Our proprietary analytics platform enables scalable, real-time interaction and state-of-the-art modeling with data ingested from multiple sources. The division is a major strategic initiative for the company, supported with over 70 full time staff serving Legendary and external partners. A highly innovative, rapidly growing group within one of Hollywood’s most successful film studios, Legendary Applied Analytics is unique within the industry.
- Work with a diverse team of primary researchers, data scientists, software developers, and business strategists to advance Legendary’s content development and positioning in film, TV, sports, and other domains
- Collaborate with other team members to operationalize client questions into reliable survey approaches
- Design and analyze consumer surveys about the entertainment industry
- Manage online data collection and conduct qualitative and quantitative research analysis
- Automate data collection, analysis and graphing processes using reproducible reporting tools
- Craft high-quality reports using survey data to address stakeholder questions and research goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences (e.g. Psychology, Cognitive Science, Sociology, Communications), Statistics, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with one or more of the following: SPSS, R, Python, SAS, Stata
- Experience in human subjects research design and analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to investigate and solve problems independently, and clearly communicate results
- Experience in using programming languages such as R and/or Python to automate analyses and generate reproducible reports
- Experience with online survey research participant pools and platforms such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, Amazon Mechanical Turk
- Opportunity to work on exciting new properties in film and throughout entertainment at all stages from conception to release
- Exposure to a fast paced business environment in a dynamic industry
- Experience presenting analytical results to domain experts
- Collaborative working environment with lots of learning opportunities including academic-style journal clubs and social events