Full-Time Quantitative Trading Analyst
We are looking for a highly driven individual who excels across the board to join our Trading Research and Development team as a Quantitative Trading Analyst.
This role will suit a “best in class” candidate who enjoys problem solving, sports, and who thrives on being challenged day in, day out. We’d like to hear from experienced professionals who can make an immediate impact in this strategically important team. This is a high profile role which comes with a highly competitive rewards package dependent on experience.
So what exactly does this team do? Well, this team of Maths genius’ are responsible for creating the mathematical/statistical models for our Trading/Bookmaking function and you will responsible for the development of these models within our Trading system. Ideally, you will already be seasoned in this field and have an extensive background in developing and creating these for a large scale bookmaker.
You will be highly analytical and have the ability to identify and analyse areas where there is potential to increase profitability of the William Hill brand using mathematical techniques and modelling. You will be acting as an internal consultant across the different internal functions, so if you love to work with a range of diverse teams and people then this could be the role for you.
What can you expect from us?
You’ll be able to add value to exciting projects, solving mathematical problems that make a very real difference to the customer experience in multiple channels across our organisation.
You’ll play a vital role in a high calibre team who are experienced specialists in trading, quantitative, and also development work.
What do we need from you?
- 1st Class Honours (or any Postgraduate degree) in a numerate subject (e.g. Maths, Stats, Physics)
- Strong initiative and willingness to learn
- Interest in sports
- Ability to work effectively under pressure on multiple projects, and on own initiative, to meet tight deadlines
- Previous working experience of building mathematical models for use within the sports betting industry
- Knowledge of bookmaking, gambling and betting
- Experience in statistical programming language (preferably R)
- Experience in one or more programming languages (preferably Java)
- Experience using databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with Excel/VBA
Your application needs to specifically demonstrate your interest in sports modelling, along with any previous experience in this field.