Full-Time Senior Data Scientist
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We’re always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Intelligence group.
WB Technology combines Warner Bros.’ industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio’s enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
What part will you play?
The Senior Data Scientist is a key player in the team and will report directly to the Executive Director of the Analytics & Data Science Research Group. This individual will be responsible for predictive modeling and analysis of customer data, as well as researching best practices in analytics and data science, and sharing them across the company to improve analytic capabilities at Warner Bros.
What do we require from you?
- Analyze and model internal customer data.
- Build relationships and collaborate with analysts and researchers across WB.
- Produce statistical and machine learning models that inform how we communicate with our players.
- Drive improvement in our methodologies, systems and processes.
- Provide analysis, reporting, and modeling to internal organizations based on customer data.
- Prepare and present results of analyses to senior leadership.
What do we require from you?
- B.A./B.S. degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science, or similar quantitative field.
- Quantitative oriented Masters Degree or Ph.D preferred.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in analytics and data science.
- 2+ years of experience with conducting analysis in R, Python, SAS, or similar analytical languages.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL preferred.
- Experience with working in cloud based environments like AWS a plus.
- Expertise in machine learning and predictive modeling approaches such as Random Forest, GBM, xgBoost, neural networks/deep learning, etc.
- Skilled researcher, able to distill large bodies of research to key findings and explain them to varied audiences.
- Strong history of identifying opportunities for developing predictive models to meet business needs.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.