Full-Time Senior Data Scientist @ Dallas, Texas, U.S.
Colaberry is a highly-specialized data science EdTech (training) & Services / Consulting firm. We typically engage with our clients to solve their most difficult and complex R&D projects within the data science arena. On the Ed-Tech/Training side, we work with our engineers to upskill / train them in Data Science/Analytics.
We’re currently working with our customer in Dallas who is looking for a Lead Data Scientist to spearhead & lead their Data Science / Machine Learning initiatives moving forward.
Business Objective / Overview
Data is their lifeblood within their respective vertical. A space which is ripe for innovation around this type of data-driven initiative. Essentially, combining real-time & historical data with AI models & emerging tech to create something new & exciting in the world of energy, oil & gas, and manufacturing. Spearheading the creation & validation of data-driven, analytical capabilities (i.e., predictive models/algorithms) to understand customer behavior and competitive dynamics.
You like Big Data, and you cannot lie. This is essential because you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing Big Data platforms using Cloud architecture with structured and unstructured data sources.
You will be their proverbial data Zen garden — you’ll be responsible for bringing clarity to the chaos. You can bring the complex algorithms your dreams are made of and make them a reality, and you can easily analyze and translate the complex models and algorithms of others’ dreams.
Data Science Overview:
Perform machine learning and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analyses. Build recommendation engines, sentiment analyzers and classifiers for unstructured and semi-structured data.
Perform explanatory data analysis, generate and test working hypotheses, prepare and analyze historical data to identify patterns. Design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to customers or company leaders.
- Develop, conceptualize and test various statistical and machine learning models for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Integrate the outcomes as real time analytics to elevate our ability to provide value in decision-making.
- Develop best practices for configuring analytics technology used in analyzing data on multiple platforms and for collecting and interpreting data from multiple sources.
- Synthesizes facts, theories, trends, influences and key issues and/or themes in complex and variable situations.
- Apply advanced math and statistical tools and programming languages to invent and evaluate algorithms/model designs to solve problems and guide business decisions.
- Assist internal business partner analysts in understanding and developing advanced analytics.
- Stay abreast of the latest data science and data science modeling and simulation technologies and advanced statistics techniques which could benefit Pioneer.
- Collaborate across Pioneer business teams to evaluate tools and techniques that can raise the level of analytics skills throughout the company.
- Identify third party data sources that will extend Pioneer’s ability to perform advanced analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statics or Applied Math or related field required. Masters and/or PhD strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a technical role, including a minimum of 3 years in a data analysis/data science role required.
- Experience in programming, statistics, pattern recognition and predictive modeling are an asset
- Able to understand various data sets from different sources, both structured and unstructured.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and influencing skills and business acumen with the ability to communicate complex topics for general understanding.
Colaberry Data Science Training Platforms/Training:
Data Science Training Platform(s): https://refactored.ai/ & http://diagram.ai/
– ODSC East (Boston, MA) – http://tinyurl.com/k3qlkw5 – “How data preparation involving statistical imputation & data viz helps build a good model”