Full-Time Senior Data Scientist @ New York, United States
Are you an amazing data scientist interested in building the world’s most sophisticated intelligence platform to guide commercial real estate investing decisions? Our residency program may be just the right challenge for you.
About the Data Science Residency Program
Our residency program is a six month commitment between you and Beam Technologies designed to mutually assess fit by work together on real problems. The program is structured to help candidates who are not yet ready to quit their day jobs, but are definitely ready for a new, invigorating challenge.
During our 6 month engagement, you will develop analytical models using machine learning and other techniques in support of our mission to identify the right real estate markets for our investors. You will also have ample opportunities to architect data pipelines to source and munge various types of data from various sources. Some of the data will be structured. Other data sources will not. You’ll need to be comfortable with that and know how to access and use the right tool for the job. The resulting models will be onboarded to our data platform and will power our existing user-facing applications (ask us for a demo!) as well as our analytical environment.
If there’s a demonstrated fit on both sides, we’ll make a deeper commitment with a full-time offer to join the team.
- Experience with residential or commercial real estate
- Experience with investing (public or private)
- Experience with the machine learning model development process
- Familiarity with a variety of modeling approaches
- Mastery of SQL
- Mastery of data-oriented programming languages like R and Python
- Previous experience developing models
- Experience working with data in motion and data at rest
- Familiarity with architecting and implement data pipelines
To succeed in this role, you’ll need the following:
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Desire to learn and grow
- Incredibly strong work ethic
- Phenomenal communication skills
- Ability to work constructively in remote contexts (i.e., video conference)
- Ability to accept and provide clear, constructive feedback
- Enthusiasm to execute as a direct contributor
- Adaptability as company and product priorities change
- Self-motivation with limited need for significant daily structure/guidance
- Goal- and progress-driven: ability to consistently drive progress of oneself and immediate team as we accomplish team goals
So, what do you say? Are you ready to revolutionize commercial real estate investing?