Full-Time Senior Financial Analyst – Planning Processes & Business Support
Providence is calling a Senior Financial Analyst – Planning Processes & Business Support to Providence Health & Services in Renton, WA.
Seeing into the future is a science and a guess at the same time, this role recommends the right mix using advanced knowledge of IS system and program structure along with industry best practices to provide new structure to our mid to long term key trend visibility.
In this position you will:
• Assist in the development, implementation, and support of standards and procedures for the long-range financial plan, annual budget and capital processes for Information Services. Communicate guidelines, assumptions, reporting requirements and deadlines to a variety of entities. Assist in consolidation of data files for capital and operating budgets.
• Work with Finance leadership to develop methodology for the allocation of Shared Services costs to the Service Areas. Coordinate the communication of new programs and other increases. Calculate the allocation of costs and work with accounting to ensure the proper transfer of charges and postings occur.
• Lead special projects designed to improve the financial performance of Information Systems, including identifying opportunities for administrative and clinical synergies; develop recommendations for consideration by management; and assist in the implementation of approved recommendations.
• Provide data and financial analyses to support business development and strategic planning initiatives. Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, judge accuracy, appropriateness and plausibility of reports and financial proposals.
• Assist in the development of population, demographic, and utilization forecasting, historical trend analyses, financial feasibility studies, and quantitative analyses that allow the organization to assess and improve the performance of informational technology to assist healthcare delivery.
• Collect financial and statistical data from the local entities or others as needed to complete internal and external surveys and special reports; summarize and report results; distribute to leadership team and others as appropriate.
• Coordinate special requests for financial and statistical information to facilitate efficient retrieval and access to accounting and financial data. Assist in financial related projects as needed. These could include: General accounting, cost accounting, payroll, reimbursement or decision support (performance analysis).
• Coordinate with the System Office to ensure that required reporting related to the long range plan and the budget is done in a timely manner using the required software.
• Participate in all mandatory staff meetings, in-services and training programs to ensure continued understanding of all policies, procedures and improvement processes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field.
• Six years of professional analytical experience to include extensive use and knowledge of statistical computing packages.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• An advanced business degree.
• Experience in financial budgeting, reporting and analysis, and/or tool development.
About the department you will serve:
Providence Information Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence Health & Services from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of technical services that support the organizations caregivers daily in providing care.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.