Full-Time Senior Operations Research Consultant
Revenue Analytics has an immediate need to hire a Senior Operations Research Consultant for our Operations Research Group. We offer a competitive base salary, bonus incentive, full benefits, 401K and an opportunity for advancement!
Revenue Analytics assists global organizations in bringing science and discipline to decisions that impact revenue. We work with clients to develop and refine their Revenue Management capabilities, thus improving decisions related to pricing, discounting, promotions and inventory allocation.
Our typical client sees a revenue gain of 2-7% with virtually no increase in cost. Our principals have successfully facilitated more than 100 previous clients uncovering over $10 billion in additional revenues.
As a member of the Revenue Analytics Team, you will be part of a dynamic, growth organization dedicated to helping our clients optimize the price and availability of their products. The Senior Operations Research Consultant will perform Revenue Management analytics for our client delivery projects, as well as support sales efforts, grow our internal knowledge base, and contribute on research and other internal initiatives.
- Perform high quality, sophisticated analysis in support of client engagements and internal projects
- Develop analytic requirements for solution design
- Build mathematical algorithms and models
- Analyze large data sets and apply multi-variable, complex statistical analysis
- Present analysis, models and insights to clients and internal groups
- Contribute to the knowledge capital of Revenue Analytics by writing white papers, journal articles, case studies, and giving internal presentations on your work
- Devise modeling and measuring techniques; utilize mathematics, statistical methods, engineering methods, and operational mathematics techniques
- Initiate planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing on project teams
- Update the team leader, functional area chief scientist, project team, and senior management informed of project status, developments, and issues
- Assist with sales support
- Oversee activities performed by OR Consultants and Analysts within a project
- Interface closely with clients including participating in executive level presentations
- Assess opportunities for potential clients in pre-sales engagements
- Ph.D. or Master’s in Operations Research, Econometrics, or other applied mathematical discipline
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Expertise in two or more of the following areas: Math programming, probability, statistics, forecasting, artificial intelligence or other heuristics
- Ability to structure and analyze large data sets
- Expert programmer in at least 2 structured/object oriented language or 4GL programming languages including one or more of the following: R, SAS, CPLEX, C++, Java, SQL, k-shell, or PERL
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Products, particularly, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
To attract top talent, we provide highly competitive salaries and benefits and offer substantial incentive compensation in the form of variable compensation and bonuses.
- Competitive base + variable compensation
- 100% paid healthcare including medical, dental, and vision coverage for our employees and their families
- Life insurance, long and short term disability coverage
- 401k plan with a generous match and is vested immediately
- Company issued cell phone and laptop
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 6 national holidays, 5 days off for Winter Break and sick time
The ideal candidate will also have…
- Experience in the travel, hospitality, automotive, or distribution industries
- A proven record of successful execution of Revenue Management projects
- Creative approach to problem solving and solution design
- Data mining expertise, including 3rd party tools such as SAS or R