Full-Time Sr. Data Scientist in the Financial Industry
Sr. Data Scientist
Work on exciting Machine Learning and data mining projects in Financial Industry! Join a newly established predictive and advanced analytics team to build innovative analytics solutions to solve problems in financial industry.
Company: Bottomline Technologies, Inc.
Location: Portsmouth, NH or Herndon, VA
Our dynamic predictive analytics team develops and applies advanced analytics techniques and algorithms to solve problems for online payments and digital banks in a cloud environment. We are looking for applied data scientists who are passionate about applying machine learning and data mining techniques to a variety of exciting applications for online payments and digital banks.
You will apply a range of machine learning and data mining techniques including predictive modeling, anomaly detection, customer profiling and segmentation, recommendations, text analytics, and big data analytics in solving our business problems. You will work with a huge amount of transaction data as well as entity data.
You will be developing and implementing data processing software, analytics algorithms, yielding optimization solutions to our business problems. When you join our amazing team, you will use Data Mining tools such as R or RapidMiner or home developed tool to build analytics models and conduct statistics analysis. You will take an idea from conception and experimentation to design and implementation to deployment and analysis.
In this role, you will interact with a team of experts in machine learning, data mining, big data analytics and delivery of scalable solutions to real world financial problems.
• M.S. Computer Science or related fields with 5+ years of industry experience in data analytics or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related fields with 5+ years of industry experience in data analytics
• Strong working knowledge of data and predictive analytics
• Familiar with machine learning algorithms such as Decision Tree Learning, Rule Induction, Regression, and Support Vector Machine
• Strong Computer programming experience in one or more high level languages (C#/C/C++/Java)
• Familiarity with database principles with a working knowledge of SQL
• Ability to build production grade machine learning enabled solutions end to end
• Ability to prototype statistical analysis and modeling algorithms and apply these algorithms for data driven solutions to problems in financial domains
About Bottomline Technologies:
Bottomline Technologies provides collaborative payment, invoice and document automation solutions to corporations, financial institutions and banks around the world. The company’s solutions are used to streamline, automate and manage processes involving payments, invoicing, global cash management, supply chain finance and transactional documents. Organizations trust these solutions to meet their needs for cost reduction, competitive differentiation and optimization of working capital.
Serving industries such as financial services, insurance, health care, technology, communications, education, media, manufacturing and government, Bottomline provides products and services to approximately 80 of the Fortune 100 companies and 70 of the FTSE (Financial Times) 100 companies.