|The statistical programmer will work closely with and report to Biostatistics Shared Resource statisticians and her/his primary responsibilities include – preparing/managing/wrangling clinical trial and health research data for statistical analysis, building REDcap databases for small non-therapeutic studies, extracting information and data from clinical trial Medidata Rave databases, high level programming for web based statistical application (e.g., Shiny R packages, HTML, JAVA script), translating code (e.g., SAS macros, R scripts) generated by statisticians into template code that can be applied across projects to promote reproducibility and efficiency within the team. Ideal candidate is a MS level statistician with significant programming and coding experience or a BS or MS level programmer with experience working with statisticians.
- Master’s degree with major courses in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field, and 3 years of experience working with statisticians, OR Bachelor’s degree with major courses in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field (or RN or allied health professional) plus current ACRP or SoCRA certification and 3 years of experience working with statisticians, OR Bachelor’s degree with major courses in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics or related field (or RN or allied health professional) and 7 years of experience working with statisticians.
- 3 years of relevant experience programming with advanced SAS and R skills, including strong reporting and macro development abilities.
- Experience in data management.
- Skills in a scripting language such as Perl, python, java, or C++ for data manipulation.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible, highly motivated, work well within a team environment, and be capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with exceptional problem-solving abilities and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks at one time.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills: both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while being collaborative in resolving problems.
- Must be proficient with computers running Windows applications e.g. MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Access, Word and PowerPoint).
- Typing 60wpm.
- Must have demonstrated excellent customer service skills both on the phone and in person.
- Must possess energy and drive to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience programming in support of clinical trials, statistical programming in a clinical research setting or other health research programming support.
- Basic understanding of statistical methods (regression, ANOVA, ttests, etc.).
- Knowledge of UNIX environment and automated job control (with slurm, hadoop, etc.).
- Skills working with REDCap and/or Medidata Rave.
- Experience in developing R packages.
- Experience with reproducible research and version control systems.
- Experience programming for web-based statistical applications and data visualization tools.
- Knowledge of electronic health record data.
- Experience manipulating and managing “omics” data sets.
- Experience managing large data sets.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of HTML.
|OHSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. Applicants with disabilities can request reasonable accommodation by contacting the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148.