Full-Time Statistician – Health Economics Outcomes Research @ Utrecht, Netherlands
Mapi is a leading global organization, offering evaluation and support of therapeutic strategies. With offices worldwide, Mapi provides high quality and efficient operations to help our clients secure product approvals and reimbursement, as well as addressing post- marketing requirements and late phase needs, meeting the needs of patients, physicians, regulatory authorities and health care technology purchasers.
Mapi has an excellent reputation in evidence-based health research and that is thanks to the quality of our people and deliverables. As such we provide a dynamic, stimulating and rewarding working environment for ambitious and passionate individuals looking to join a global, world-class consultancy business.
THE POSITION: We wish to appoint a:
(Senior) Research Associate
to work in our Utrecht office. This is a great opportunity if you have a genuine interest in enhancing your knowledge and skills in health economics and outcomes research. We will provide you with all the necessary training and support for your professional development in this challenging and rapid-moving field. In return we expect you to quickly build on your existing knowledge and skills, acquiring the ability to work autonomously.
MISSION: Provide research support in technical (statistical) aspects of project delivery.
- Project delivery: A Research Associate
- Manages and performs all aspects of research tasks allocated to them by the leader of projects to which they are assigned
- Demonstrats proactivity and leadd small/medium sized projects.
As a Research Associate, you will be involved in statistical analysis tasks, including:
- Evidence synthesis (meta-analysis, indirect treatment comparison and network meta-analysis)
- Survival analysis
- (Retrospective) claims database analysis
- Propensity score analysis
- Other types of data analysis
- Business development: You will be involved in writing (technical) elements of proposals, as requested.
- Ideal candidates will have strong technical background in (bio-) statistics, (applied) mathematics, (bio-) engineering, operational research, computer science, (health) economics or other quantitative field. The candidate must hold a PhD or MSc on any of these fields.
- Good command of at least one software package from: R, WinBUGS/OpenBUGS/JAGS, STATA, SAS
- Good command of Excel and VBA programming is desirable.
- Experience in developing technical reports and manuscripts (technical writing) is desirable.
- As a Research Associate you must complete allocated project tasks on time and to an appropriate standard – signalling problems to more senior team members when they arise.
- Must demonstrate proactivity.
- Must be fully integrated into the team, work cooperatively and share their knowledge with their peers, and be able to advise the team members on technical/statistical aspects of the project.
- Must be able to present and explain (technical) project tasks in which they are engaged and gain the client’s confidence.
- Experience in pharma or consulting is a plus.
LOCATION: Houten, NL (5km from Utrecht)
PACKAGE DETAILS: Mapi offers competitive remuneration, a generous holiday allowance, health insurance, and pension contributions, together with support for further qualifications, in a friendly and supportive work environment.