Full-Time Survey Associate @ Chicago
LEAP Innovations® is seeking a Survey Research Associate to join our growing research and evaluation program. LEAP is developing a suite of personalized learning tools with external partners to provide school leaders and teachers with data to support school personalized learning innovation efforts and to inform professional development choices. Additionally, LEAP is working to expand the evidence base relating personalized learning teacher practices and school structures and policies to outcomes for students. Expanding the range of valid and reliable measurement tools is critical to achieving this goal. Our ideal candidate will have expertise in measure evelopment, data collections and operations, and survey reporting and delivery, as well as survey management and project management. The Survey Research Associate will lead several survey projects within different stages of development (e.g., design, operations, reporting) and will serve as a Research and Evaluation team member. The Survey Research Associate reports to the Director of Research.
LEAP Innovations® connects innovation and education to reinvent our one-size-fits-all system and transform the way kids learn. We work directly with educators and innovators to discover, pilot and scale personalized learning technologies and innovative practices in the classroom and beyond. LEAP serves as a national hub for a new, collaborative ecosystem of the best and brightest education innovators, digital entrepreneurs, and thought leaders, committed to reinventing education in our country.
• Apply best practices to survey design, operations, and reporting;
• Develop new measurement tools, expanding LEAP’s expertise and capacity;
• Author technical reports and user documentation of tools, or manage vendor process for creation, as part of project deliverables;
• Carry out project management activities, including monitoring contract timelines and budgets, supervising the work of junior staff, communicating with senior managers, and communicating with clients as appropriate;
• Collect and manage data for projects;
• Directly support schools and districts with the planning and preparation for survey roll out, and directly support school staff during survey administration;
• Engage in business development activities, including cultivating relationships with existing and potential new survey clients, and managing or writing proposals;
• Support collaboration among team members, both internal and external to LEAP.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, results-oriented environment in which expectations are high for both the quality and speed of work. In addition, s/he should have the following:
Ph.D. degree with 0-3 years related experience or M.A., M.S., or equivalent degree with 3-5 years related experience in survey research.
In addition to technical expertise, candidates should have demonstrated management skills, including the ability to lead small and medium sized tasks and proposals, work on teams under the leadership of other staff, provide day-to-day management of complex projects and tasks, and direct and mentor staff members.
Knowledge of the personalized learning models and relevant research is a plus.
Experience working in a grant or contract-funded environment highly desirable.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
Flexibility and ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Acute attention to detail and strong work ethic.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent health benefits, 403b plan and group life insurance.