Full-Time Technical Business Analyst
The role will form part of the Investment Solutions team which is a team of technical business analysts whose responsibility is to deliver IT and operational solutions to the investment teams in London and Cape Town. The team is made up of ex-front office professionals with a deep understanding of the buy-side business covering our wide range of investment capabilities together with a number of more traditional IT developers who provide technical solutions and best practice. The team are custodians of the front office architecture including systems infrastructure and data. The team perform business requirements gathering as well as solution implementation and subsequent query resolution. The team prides itself on its ability to deliver high quality solutions in an agile manner by ensuring projects are small, well defined and have high payoff to the business. Agility also requires us to keep abreast of technological advancements and how they can benefit the front office in terms of superior investment analysis and efficient processing. Successful delivery depends on high internal and active sponsorship from our CIO, capability heads and our team of super-users.
Core role responsibilities will include:
- Identify, gather, analyse and document business requirements and translate these into technical specifications
- Effectively communicate specifications and proposals to all stakeholders including management, business users and IT developers
- Strong emphasis on delivery and having the ability to run small projects with tangible milestones and delivering against them
- Emphasis on testing and user impact and recognising its importance at the start of the project
- Communicate project progress via required reporting packs.
- Work with IT in developing and maintaining the core Front Office Systems architecture ensuring all project work conforms
- Assist the Investment Solutions Manager with other initiatives as and when required
Specific to this role, there will be significant development in the following languages:
Highly desirable is the ability to develop in:
- Web Development Technologies (ASP.NET)
It is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate a good command of these languages as well as having experience in the development life-cycle of building robust and scalable business processes.
This role will require that the candidate sits with the Front Office teams actively developing solutions. To this end candidates must have a strong, resilient character and be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.