Full-Time Transportation Data Scientist
Are you interested in leveraging your data analytics skills and strategic ideas to improve transportation networks and decision-making? If so, High Street Consulting Group is looking for someone to join our team to help us help federal, state, and local transportation agencies in designing and delivering transportation programs. High Street is a specialized provider of policy, planning, data analytics, and financial consulting services to the people who plan, build, and operate America’s transportation systems. We are an employee-owned firm of experienced consulting professionals. Learn more about the firm and what we do at http://highstreetconsulting.com/.
Our Hiring Objectives:
We are looking for an individual who has a strong foundation in data analytics and can support our team in the development of decision science tools built for government clients. The ideal applicant is a mid-level professional who is comfortable having responsibility for leading project subtasks or small projects, interacting with clients, and assisting with business development initiatives.
Candidates should also possess an interest in transportation policy and exhibit critical thinking to address complex transportation issues. They must be able to work both independently and with a team, appreciate an intellectually challenging work environment, and be comfortable representing High Street in front of high-level government officials and the public.
- Number senses: the intuitive ability to identify useful trends in data, assess data quality and completeness, and to assess qualitative hypotheses with quantitative information
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and efficient code in one or more modern programming languages
- Functional proficiency in R and/or Python
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment and working independently
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workloads to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly for a range of audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience using BI tools such as Tableau or Power BI
- Prior transportation planning experience
- Familiarity with basic statistics (regression, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, etc.)
Location and Travel
High Street’s team and clients are located throughout the United States. This position may require travel. Office location is flexible. Permanent U.S. work authorization required.
Compensation and Benefits:
High Street provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary, opportunity for performance based bonus, and 401k program.