|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
Multilingual, self-motivated professional with experience operating in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment. University-trained data scientist with experience in big data, machine learning, and project management. Proven ability to deploy data-driven insights through statistical modeling in real-world operations. Public speaking and report-preparation skills allow for communication of findings to enterprise audiences. A quick learner able to pick up new skills for challenging business needs.
M.S. Degree in Government Analytics; Certificate in Intelligence Expected 2019
Johns Hopkins University, Washington, D.C.
Concentration: Data Science, Statistical Analysis, and Political Risk Analysis
Relevant Coursework: Data Mining & Predictive Analytics, Data Science for Public Policy, Data Visualization, Risk Management in the Public Sector, Applied Performance Analytics
B.A. Degree in Public Policy; Minor in Economics (Honors) 2014
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Concentration: Political Analysis, Public-Private Initiatives, and Disaster Risk Management
Project Manager & Data Analyst February 2018 – September 2018
Coast 2 Coast LLC., San Juan, PR
- Assisted in the development of systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely reports for US government-funded recovery project.
- Established processes using statistical and graph-based algorithms to integrate and analyze data from multiple sources.
- Validated large amounts of structured and unstructured program data using SQL and R to derive enterprise insights for departmental use.
- Interpreted results and presented findings using various visualization techniques in R and IBM SPSS Modeler.
- Conducted data-mining operations and proposed data-driven solutions to management in order to improve operational efficiency.
Senior Claims Consultant July 2013 – February 2018
Catastrophe Response Unit, Calgary, AB
- Executed project management role ensuring proper resource allocation, limited liability, and successful project delivery for both commercial and personal-lines clientele.
- Supervised property reconstruction and remediation efforts following catastrophic weather events including floods, wildfires, hail, and extreme cold weather.
- Quickly acquainted with diverse company procedures and documentation programs such as ClaimsCenter, AS400, Mitchell Dashboard, and XactAnalysis, for efficient file management.
- Corroborated repair estimates and policy coverage with client-established best practices for effective property reconstruction programs.
Research Consultant March 2016 – November 2017
SB Analytics, Mexico City, MX
- Supervised international team of research and writing contributors to deliver over 400 open-source intelligence reports.
- Designed and developed customized research studies for individual client orders including literature reviews, interviews, statistical analyses, and case studies.
- Produced complete analyses on political risk analysis, disaster risk management, and public-private initiatives.
- Provided big data analysis for individual studies using statistical methods and a variety
- R – 3 years experience
- IBM SPSS Modeler – 1 year experience
- PostgreSQL – 1 year experience
- Latex – 2 years experience
- Stata – 2 years experience
- @Risk Monte Carlo Risk Modeler – 1 year
- Big Data, Data Analytics, Data Cleansing, Data interpretation, Data mining, data modeling, Data Science, Data visualization, Data wrangling, ETL Pipeline, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, Public speaking, R, SPSS Modeler, SQL, Statistical analysis, Statistical computing, Statistical Modeling
- Basic understanding of French, English (native), Spanish (native)