Deep experience in both complex and large data engineering (ETL) and proficiency in multiple languages, the latest of which is R.
Heavy emphasis in automation of existing processes with a specialty in high performance.
Bachelor of Arts degree, Loyola Marymount University
1127 11th Street, Santa Monica, California
[email protected] 310 489 7988
Developer of innovative/strategic products from vision to launch over the last 20 years, approaching projects with enthusiasm, focused on the needs of customers and highly performing teams.
Senior Econometrician; Toyota 5/2010 – present
Toyota Financial Services creates owners through offering financial services to our customers.
My role is as a bridge between the business and systems: as a business analyst, developer, and Tableau/Visualization architect. Most of my work is data design and analytics, with a focus on quality products, across thousands of columns, millions of datasets and billions of rows.
- Developer of high-impact Tableau (with R and SAS) Business Analytics Dashboards
- Developed information architecture for risk management and statistical modeling
- Developed Automated Data Quality System for Oracle and Netezza Data Warehouse
- Developed St. Louis Fed Data automation (100’s of MM of records) into SAS/Tableau
- Delivered Online e-Invoicing and Payment system, backbone of mobile platform
- Vendor management across multiple projects and multiple vendors
ETL Architect; Microsoft Services 3/1997 – 9/2009
Microsoft Services delivers bespoke business solutions on the Microsoft platform to Fortune 500 companies and over 1 billion customers in over 160 countries. Managed teams in size from 20-25.
As a senior member of Microsoft Services, I lead multi-million dollar projects including analysis, architecture, design, planning and developing high performance Business Analytics solutions.
- Boeing Company 2008. Team lead; developed business process automation for the 787 Dreamliner and helped uncover and resolve inefficiencies in manufacturing floor.
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and Torrance Memorial Hospital 2007. Team lead; database migration for 13,000 users leading to a net savings of $150K and an ROI of 1 month.
- Bank of America Home Loans 2005-2006. Team lead; high performance database team to a 200% increase in loan origination volume with a 50% reduction in CPU utilization.
- Mid-State Bank and Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher 2004. Team Lead; developed performance breakthrough that reduced branch location costs by $750K/year, ROI of 4 months.
- Wellpoint 2003-2004. Business Analyst/Automation; first nationwide e-Prescription program — providing both physicians with mobile and wireless point-of-care for 750,000 patients.
- Molina Healthcare 2002. Developed breakthrough that improved patient care and reducing costs at the point of care by 40% at a savings of $14M annually to their healthcare network.
- HealthCare Partners 2002. Designed one of the first Electronic Medical Records (EMR) nationwide, reducing costs of paper patient records.
- First Data Corporation 2001. Implemented process automation that enabled daily builds and recovery for build breaks, paving the way for a merger & acquisition migration.
- com/Guess? Jeans 2001. Developed new Amazon.com storefront (first clothing site) and created a supply chain automation system, reducing costs by $1M/annually.
- Toyota 2000. Wrote a new automated electronic catalog transfer process, reducing costs by $500,000 per year and enabling 3 new trading partner relationships with an ROI of 3 months.
- Microsoft (Windows Server) 1998 designed and ran a performance and interoperability lab for three global product cycles, which included data quality automation.
|Expert:||Tableau, SQL (PL/SQL Oracle, postgreSQL/Netezza and tSQL Microsft SQL)|
|Capable:||SAS, PERL, bash, python/django|
|Enthusiast:||Spark (scala) and Hadoop (CDH)|
|Toyota GEM Awards||2012, 2013, 2015|
|Vice President’s Award: Delivery Excellence||2008|
|UBOC CIO Award||2006|
|Featured Speaker, California Bankers’ Association||2004|
|Featured Speaker, Microsoft Professional Conferences||2002, 2003|
|Featured Speaker, ITEC/Windows on Healthcare||2001|
|Vice President’s Award: Technical Delivery Excellence||2000, 2002, 2003, 2007|
|MS Predictive Analytics, Northwestern University||accepted/pursuing|
|Tableau Analytics 1 & 2||2013|
|SAS Macro 1 & 2||2013|
|SAS Programming 1 & 2||2011|
|Project Management Institute PMP||2008|
|Microsoft Certified Application Developer (VB & VB.Net)||2002|
|Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer||1996|
|Loyola Marymount University, BA/Theology (Pre-Med)||1994|
- R, SQL, Python, perl, C#, VB.Net, XSLT
- Data Engineering/Development Lead