Highlights of Qualifications
• Strong math and analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail, problem-solving and creative thinking skills
• Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced skill level in SQL, VBA , R, Excel and other programs
1998 – 1999 Master degree in Mathematics from State University of Moldova, Chisinau, Moldova
1994 – 1998 Bachelor degree in Finance from Academy of Economic Studies of Moldova, Chisinau, Moldova
1993 – 1998 Bachelor degree in Mathematics from State University of Moldova, Chisinau, Moldova
Quantitative Operations Associate/Operations Analyst – Legacy Assets / Rep &Warranties
Bank of America, Calabasas/Westlake Village, California February 2014– October 2015
- Responsible for providing analytics using statistical modeling, examples include:
- Established a generic algorithm to determine the best data source from multiple data sources available.
- Variance analysis to determine adverse selection of sample to sample.
- Prepared, automated and analyzed portfolio trends using snapshot and other data management concepts.
- Developed a generic automated algorithm to support data reconciliation during testing on data migration.
- Provided analytical support on various internal projects and leading them in a successful implementation:
- Took ownership on the internal project “Finding Mapping “, which required interaction with IT team and Claims Operations team by overcoming the challenges during testing period and contributing to a successful implementation into production.
- Provided analytical support to the reserve team.
- Developed, automated and implemented reports, as well as consolidated reports.
- Took ownership of QA reports and became an SME in very short time period. Redesigned the QA data infrastructure by consolidating the QA reports to provide the following benefits: more user friendly, less code to maintain, more readable code, efficiency on running time and less share drive and server space. Received a Global Recognition Award level of gold from QA customers.
- Proactively developed and successfully implemented Loan Allocation Exception reporting for LOB. Received a Global Recognition Award level of bronze from LOB customers.
- Performed SQL code efficiency.
Operations Analyst – Rep &Warranties, Pipeline Management
Bank of America, Westlake Village, California August 2012– February 2014
- Analyzed, researched and provided resolutions for day-to-day issues.
- Performed ad-hoc analysis on exceptions and pipeline data in support of LOB.
- Received a Global Recognition Award level of silver from LOB customers.
Audit Support Analyst/Conditions Specialist/Contractor – Rep &Warranties/ Mortgage Loan Operations
Bank of America, Westlake Village, California June 2010 – July 2012
- Supported Underwriting Audit/Origination team and project assignments.
- Ensured all required documentation met government, company and investor requirements.
- Received a Global Recognition Award level of bronze and silver.
Accountant – Accounting Division
Moldcell SA (Mobile Telephony Operator), Chisinau, Moldova November 2005- March 2010
- Created debt reports and ad-hoc financial analysis for CFO.
- Prepared monthly and quarterly reporting on withholding tax by mitigating the risk of overpaying or underpaying.
Senior Audit Specialist – Audit Team
Economy Bank of Moldova, Chisinau, Moldova 2001 – November 2005
- Growing responsibilities within the bank ending in managing the process of preventing money laundering.
- SQL (5 years of experience)
- R (1 year of experience)
- English, Romanian, Russian