With more than nine years experience as an Analyst across a number of quantitive and business capacities, I have developed a comprehensive skill-set in data and economic analysis, combined with an in-depth understanding of finance and technology sectors. My strengths lie in identifying and analyzing key issues based on thorough research, improving processes and developing statistical strategies in line with market developments and trends. In addition, I am well versed with presenting across a C-level clientele and converting technical ideas to high level and easy to understand business initiatives.
University of British Columbia – BA Mathematics & Economics
Most recently, as an Analyst for Canadian Accounts with Fiserv, I was directly responsible for the design and implementation of tools for the analysis of banking and payment solution software industries. These tools were used extensively across the Canadian sales and marketing teams for insight on potential products as well as market opportunities. Through out my role with Fiserv, I drew on powerful statistical techniques such as time-series forecasting, multivariate regression analysis, price modelling as well as strategy simulator for market response and product absorption. During my tenure, I managed a portfolio of clients consisting of more than 80 credit unions and oversaw the relationship for a comprehensive suite of cloud-based and core payment processing solutions. Through strategized product launch campaigns, I successfully expanded Canadian product opportunities by more than 47% while achieving a 63% conversion rate to new software solutions within the portfolio. In 2014/15 my work was also used to help implement cheque imaging technology throughout our Credit Union clientele.
In previous roles, I have pursued the same passion for statistics and economics; using it to better align research and development with that of the consumer market. While at PiAlgo Technologies, as a Quantitive Analyst, I engineered statistical metrics for market forecasting, portfolio management as well as identifying investment opportunities across target demographics. I applied extensive market and macroeconomics research techniques in defining and improving company investment strategies. Many of the analytics and algorithms that I designed at PiAlgo is used extensively today throughout brokerage firms and trading floors around the world. As a result of my research, the company was able to increase the annual return on its portfolio by 15% in 2012. In much the same way, while at BC Hydro, I developed and applied similar techniques for design and marketing of numerous PowerSmart features based on provincial business demographics.
Over the course of my career I have devised numerous statistical techniques and analytics in defining the characteristics of a market space as well as forecasting for its future; both key components for improving business and operational processes. I believe I have the initiative, vigorous work ethic, high level communication, positive energy and the uncanny desire for continued learning.
- PROGRAMMING – R, STATA, C/C++ (10 years)
- ECONOMIC MODELLING – Multivariate regression and forecasting, game theory and non-linear dynamics, Public policy analysis, risk management, taxation policy (7 years)
- FINANCIAL MODELLING – Monte Carlo simulations, neural networks, fuzzy logic, risk analysis and signal processing (7 years)
- BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE – Predictive modelling of sales revenue and cost/benefit analysis as well as data mining for use in market trend movements. (8 years)
- STATISTICAL ANALYSIS – Capital Asset Pricing models, time-series of market forecasting (8 years)
- Cost/Benefit analysis, implementation resourcing and problem resolution. (10 years) LEGAL – Product, NDA and Sales Contracts, product analysis, proposal drafting as well as strategic buyouts. (5 years), SALES/CR – Product demonstration and staging, workflow management
- English, Farsi