R programmer and Big Data
Passionate electronics and biomedical engineer with over eight years’ experience and proven track record of project management.
Experiences in development systems model and algorithms with R, C#, Matlab and Simulink. Passionate in Big Data science with high knowledge of Hadoop Ecosystem, especially Pig, Hive, Oozie, Yarn and also Apache Spark. Hortonworks Hadoop Developer.
Familiar with data architecture, data modelling and data mining.
R programmer for data science.
Experiences with embedded systems design, bioengineering, and EMC testing.
I am skilled engineer with high level planning experience and the utmost understanding of working to budgets and timelines in Agile environment. Always keen to learn, develop and improve my skills with new technologies.
PGD IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT ▪ 2015 – 2016
College of North West London
M.ENG IN ELECTRONICS – BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING ▪ 2010 – 2013
Polytechnic University of Marche – Italy
POSTGRADUATE CERTIFICATE ▪ 2009
Motor Learning and Re-learning: exercise, imagination and motivation.
Medicine and Surgery Faculty at Polytechnic University of Marche with Italian Society of Neurological Rehabilitation.
B.ENG IN ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING ▪ 2002 – 2008
Polytechnic University of Marche – Italy
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA – CHEMISTRY ▪ 1997 – 2002
Industrial Technical Institute – Italy
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING CONSULTANT at Colak International Srl
London ▪ September 2015 – current
- Offering biomedical consulting and I write technical reports for the customer’ needs. I am in charge to discover the state of the art of technological components in biomedical sector such as sensors, components for implantation and surgical instruments.
- Manage a cross-functional reliability team that reduced product failures at customer sites. Assist technical department in troubleshooting product and after-sales support to ensure customer satisfaction.
INTERIOR DESIGNER at Fired Earth Srl
London ▪ May 2015 – current
- Bathrooms and kitchens designing.
BIOMEDICAL SYSTEM ENGINEER – R and C# DEVELOPER at Polytechnic University of Marche
Ancona, IT ▪ September 2013 – April 2015
- As project manager I designed complex mathematical models for different systems and I have implemented them with C#, Matlab, Simulink and SAAM II (Simulation, analysis and modelling software). I have also developed a model that describe the cycle of insulin/glucose in Zucker rats by the metabolism of pancreatic C-peptide. This model is the first created for bioengineering field.
- Statistical computing for Data science with R and R Studio. Formulated procedures for integration of R programming plans with data sources and delivery systems.
- Experience installing, configuring, testing Hadoop ecosystem components. Formulated procedures for requirements review, architecture and designing of components. Prepared technical documentation of systems, processes and application logic for existing data sets. Provided assistance for development of utilities and libraries with Hadoop Pig and Hive clusters.
- Learned how to using Oozie to automate data loading into the HDFS and PIG to pre-process the data.
- C# and R financial modelling for the economics faculty. I have implemented the following methods:
- Black-Scholes formula, Finite difference method, Interpolation in interest rate applications.
- Vasicek and Cos-Ingersoll-Ross (CIR) Bond and option pricing. Excel interfacing. Short term interest rate (STIR). Real-time data (RTD) server.
- Single and multi-curve building. Multithreading for computational finance.
BIOMEDICAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER – R and C# PROGRAMMER at Esia Software
Trieste, IT ▪ January 2011 – September 2013
- I was the biomedical engineer interface between the software development team and the medical staff at fifteen hospitals (European Cardiology Centre Monzino, Milan and Lombardia area). I contributed to PIT (Integrated Portable Telemedicine) software development in collaboration with TBS group Spa (http://www.tesanonline.it/pit/monzino). I was also in charge to analyse relevant aspects of biomedical signals and explain them to the software development team and training hospital’s technical personnel to use PIT software.
- I have had the chance to study big data trend with Hadoop to researches into the Italian National Drugs Database and I also used MapReduce methods to analyse big amount of medical data to help the doctors in their job.
- As medical statistician I leaded analyses linking biomarkers with risk of developing acute coronary syndromes with R.
- Developed part of the website with HTML, CSS and ASP.NET MVC Framework and I made graphics analysis for ECG, sphygmomanometer, PPG, glucometric and weight trend signals with C#.
- Developed different software with C# and Matlab for analyse the patient’ steps to diagnose skeletal or muscular deficits, to allow reduced mobility patients to use 3D haptics controller NOVINT Falcon to drive a motorized wheelchair in the plane and also to achieve objects at different heights and to evaluate the patients’ postural characteristics for the determination or prevention of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases. I developed this last project in two ways: 1. Mapped and processed the signals obtained from pressure sensors placed under the patient’s feet. 2. Developed a software to allow Microsoft Kinect to monitoring the patient’s movements and the loss of balance of their upright posture.
- Created algorithms with C# to evaluate and compare DNA sequences and I was in charge for the conversion of diagnostic images to DICOM standard medical file format.
- Created and managed small Databases with SQL for different uses.
EMBEDDED SYSTEM ENGINEER at SIS AV Srl
Biella, IT ▪ January 2010 – December 2010
- Implemented mathematical systems models with C# to describe a projects portfolio, I have worked also with Matlab and Simulink to evaluate the result to improving the products’ quality.
- Identified and solved electronic designing problems, resulting in more efficient and cost effective products.
- Developed embedded systems with PIC microcontrollers 16 bits (16F84A), especially for applications with medical devices such as blood pressure meter, pulse oximeter, glucometer, ECG and EKG. I programmed 16LF873A with C++, Matlab and Simulink for measuring heart rate using a PPG. I have also worked with SoC EyeQ chip packaged in an automotive qualified 292 pin Heat Sink Grid Array (HSBGA) for computer vision system and with ARM AM335x for real-time processing on low cost embedded computer.
ELECTRONICS DESIGNER ENGINEER at Tecbond Srl
Ancona, IT ▪ January 2009 – January 2010
- Planned EMC tests on electronic devices, evaluated the experimental results, determined and designed the best technical solution for reduction of conducted and radiated coupling. I have improved the efficiency of electrical and magnetic shields (in hospital) for non-ionizing power sources.
- Designed high-to-low voltage and isolation transformers for hospital’s electrical systems.
- Designed RF circuits with particular attention to the designing of LNA and their matching networks.
- Prepared specifications of electronic systems to ensure that installation and operations conformed to standards and customer requirements.
ELECTRONICS ENGINEER at Polytechnic University of Marche
Ancona, IT ▪ February 2008 – December 2008
- Managed the project “Experimental characterisation of orthomode junctions (OMJ) waveguide” at the microwaves laboratory.
- Developed waveguides that saved company over 200k euros by introducing necessary technical precautions.
Evaluated scattering matrices of microwaves systems with Matlab, I tested different combinations of OMJ and hybrid tee with Vector Network Analyser.
- BIG DATA ECOSYSTEM
- PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES
- Matlab & Simulink
- C# 6.0 .Net 4.5
- PIG Latin
- SAAM II
- SCRIPTING LANGUAGES
- HMTL 5 and CSS 3
- MVC 5
- SQL and ASP .Net
- SQL and ASP .Net
- MS Visual Studio
- R Studio
- Windows 7 – 8 – 10.
- Mac Os El Capitan
- Big Data Engineer, R Programmer
- English -- very effectively, Italian (mothertongue)