|Career Status:||Not actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Fairly willing to travel|
My objective is to obtain a position with a company interested in an employee with varied mathematical, statistical, and data management skills.
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, North Carolina May 2014 – May 2016
Master of Arts in Applied Statistics
Cumulative Grade Point Average 3.87
Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia August 2008 – January 2012
Master of Science in Statistics
Cumulative Grade Point Average 3.66
State University of New York at Brockport, Brockport, New York September 1999 – August 2000
Master of Science in Computational Science
Cumulative Grade Point Average 3.47
State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York September 1993 – December 1998
School of Public Health
Master of Science in Biometry and Statistics
Cumulative Grade Point Average 3.60
State University of New York at Brockport, Brockport, New York September 1975 – August 1979
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, minor in Chemistry
Cumulative Grade Point Average 4.00 (Summa Cum Laude)
Data Management, Inc.
Senior Data Analyst – Statistician July 2015 – Present
• Creating Analytics Division.
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, North Carolina
Graduate Instructor August 2014 – May 2015
• Responsible for teaching statistics (STA 108) to 280 students.
Solatech, Inc., High Point, North Carolina
Business Data Analyst May 2014- August 2014
• Supported day-to-day business with data management and database responsibilities.
• Successfully fit into the team to assist in meeting the goals of management.
US Environmental Protection Agency, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory,
Toxicity Assessment Division, Durham, North Carolina
Statistical/Bioinformatics Contractor September 2011-May 2013
• Determined the ability of biomarkers to discriminate between chemicals with different modes of action using principal component analysis, discriminant analysis, and factor analysis.
• Carried out library and web-based research using resources including the National Center for Biotechnology Information.
• Performed molecular database searches.
• Extensively used SAS and R.
US Environmental Protection Agency, Human Subjects Facility, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Statistical Contractor November 2010-September 2011
• Performed data management and statistical analysis for the MASAES (asthma) human subjects study.
• Carefully cleaned data.
• Produced files for longitudinal data analysis (air quality data files–several million records).
Virginia Tech, Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis, Blacksburg, Virginia
Statistical Consultant August 2008-May 2010
• Consulted on projects from the Edward Via School of Medicine in Blacksburg and different schools and colleges within Virginia Tech.
• Worked with the math education center at Virginia Tech, cleaning data and producing tables.
Virginia Tech, Department of Statistics, Blacksburg, Virginia
Teaching Assistant August 2008-May 2010
• Successfully led a recitation section of Introductory Statistics, discussing the main lecture material and presenting background material.
• Assigned and graded weekly quizzes and assisted the class professor.
US Environmental Protection Agency, National Exposure Research Laboratory, Durham, North Carolina
Statistical Contractor March 2007-July 2008
• Carried out data management and statistical analysis for the DEARS study.
• Performed data validation, data entry, and basic statistical analysis using SAS.
- R, SAS, SQL
- Data mining, Predictive modeling
Groups & Associations
- Data mining, Predictive modeling
- English (Fluent)