Business Analyst_Manidipa Banerjee_MBA
• Over 6+ Years of professional experience in design, development, testing, and deployment of enterprise applications using Java, Oracle PL/SQL applications – Performing functional and technical work with experience in HTML, Oracle, SQL Server, and other Web related tools as well as experience in Data Science projects – Data ETL & Transformation, Visualization using Oracle, Tableau, R and other web related reporting tools.
• 6+ years of Domain experience in Healthcare, Banking, Retail, Manufacturing and Energy.
• Hands on experience in data science projects that offer data collection, cleansing, analyzing to develop predictive models and created visualizations for making decisions, using R. Created research report on both the projects.
• Worked on Data warehousing projects using Talend for ETL with Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
• Strong understanding of RDBMS through writing queries, stored procedures using SQL, PL/SQL on databases like DB2, Oracle.
• Proven ability of multitasking and to engage and with stakeholders at all levels to understand data, process, and program requirements for large-scale, highly complex projects involving big data and multiple enterprise systems.
• Lead medium sized teams for Production Support and handle multiple tasks with strong interpersonal, communication, technical aptitude and learning skills to adapt the rapid changing technologies and implementing the same at work.
• Pursuing my Master’s degree in Supply chain and Management Information Systems (MIS); this degree combines MBA and Advanced Data Mining courses for an integrated education of organizational and technical skills.
• Publications – Submitted for review – Conference paper on Digitizing Museum Using Data Lake architecture, April 2106. Continuing the study of Data Lake architecture & preparing a Comparative Study report on Data Lake architecture tools.
Masters of Business Administration GPA 3.77/4
(SC and Management Information System)
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth Graduation May 2016
Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics and Communication) GPA 8.18/10
West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) 2010
Graduate Research Assistant 09/ 2015 – Till Date
Business Innovation Research Center (BIRC),
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Massachusetts
The BIRC creates educational and research opportunities for the region, our sponsor companies, students, and faculty. We promote intellectual activities in the Charlton College of Business through:
- conferences/workshops/executive forums
- joint publications that encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration
- grant activity, journal articles & student research
- Working in Agile Environment to deliver high-quality Data Science projects.
- Scrum – Working on full lifecycle for the Big Data solution to requirements analysis, technical architecture design, development to testing & deployment. Interact with the Business users in Daily Scrum and documented their query, business analysis, and reporting needs. Understood data and business logic underlying the requirements about different financial reports also handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Forecasting – Shrinking Big Data for Real-time Marketing Strategy – Designed a marketing analysis model based on Statistical data for an online retail company. Used R for identifying Product performance via clustering, tree-map and regression models, along with Visualizing the data for interactive understanding and decision making.
- ETL – Design and implement the ETL Data model and create staging, source and Target tables in MS SQL database Design and develop ETL Design Documentation
- Data Lake Architecture – Submitted to review – a conference paper that explains the efficiency and process of Digitizing museum using Data Lake With an addition of a repository for the non-profit organization to store huge amount of structured and unstructured data and the paper would also consist of a relational database model (POC). It will be accessible to the public as well as an enterprise with authorized access management.
- Continuing the study of Data Lake architecture – writing a literature review paper on Data Lake tools and emphasizing on the comparative study of the tools to optimize IT solutions.
Environment: Hortonworks 2.1, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Amazon DynamoDB, NoSQL, MySQL, R, R StudioV3.2.3, Tableau V9.0, Constant Contact (Email Marketing), TIBCO Spotfire.
Data Science Research Intern (Summer Internship) 05/ 2015 – 08/ 2015
Preferred Freezer Services, MA
Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) Project
Preferred Freezer Services/Global Aquaculture Alliance (GAA) Summer Internship Project is to compile and organize a global database of aquaculture farmers, feed producers, processing centers and hatcheries, engage a 4-person student team for hands-on data analytics research and provide them with relevant information to inform future strategy for their organizations.
- Scraped both unstructured and structured data from disparate sources like web pages, public repositories.
- Manipulated data and integrated pertinent fields using R to provide quality data, required to identify the organizations around the world.
- Created extracts and determined data model approach for customized data analysis.
- Employ email scripting software to communicate with worldwide organizations for further information.
- Create custom software analytics applications to provide data insights via Tableau V9.0.
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- R, MySQL, Tableau, Google email scripting tool, GitHub.
Programmer Analyst 01/2012 – 04/ 2013
Scintel Technologies Inc.
Salvage Revenue Maximization (Onshore Client – Macys, USA), Retail
- Lead a team of four to develop and maintain a database that tracked a bulk of transaction data occurred daily basis. It had a front end Web Application in ASP.Net with a service oriented architecture.
- Successfully managed effective communication with US & International Clients and organize the workflow program.
- Creating and maintaining database objects like Tables, Views, Indexes, Constraints, Sequences, indexes, and Triggers.
- Develop complex SQL queries for data analysis and data extraction by utilizing knowledge of joins and understanding database landscape.
- Use TOAD and PL-SQL to run SQL and PL/SQL code to manipulate the databases in all environments
- Developed and maintained internal databases, ad-hoc queries, and Crystal reports.
- Utilized System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) to define and monitor project progress, resolve issues and take corrective actions.
Environment: Oracle 10G, Toad, PL/SQL.
Programmer Analyst 07/2011 – 12/ 2012
Scintel Technologies Inc.
Financial Dashboard, (Onshore Client – Redwage, USA), Banking, Agile
- Developed two modules of a dashboard application that deliver entire information to the logged in user of all transactions done from approved MasterCard and Visa Card. The objective was to retrieve transactions from tax via the interface and to display as well as derive insights on quarterly, weekly, monthly and yearly basis expenditures, provided user has the facility to assign, create, and edit transaction to be displayed.
- Modules – Transaction list along with filter options & Cash Flow tracker based on logged in user
- Developed business and data access layers, mapped Java classes to database elements and tested (both unit and functional). Quality Assured.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Eclipse (Galileo), SQL, Servlets, JSP
Programmer Analyst 01/2011 – 06/ 2011
Scintel Technologies Inc.
Electronic Data Interchange, (Onshore Client – McKesson, USA), Healthcare
- Involved in ANSI C Logics coding, bug fixing, performance tuning and testing the application. The objective was to transmit information from health care claim to Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) by extracting data from the claim, manipulating according to needed operations and loading into the database or data warehouse.
Production Scheduler 01/2001 – 06/2004
Subal Foundry Equipments Pvt Ltd
- Created a database to store bill of materials, work orders, scheduling, capacity, workflow management, and reviewed the monthly and weekly manufacturing plan for the factory, delivering a cost effective and efficient detailed production plan that optimizes plant resources, finished goods, and supplies end markets requirements according to agreed stock policies. Used Talend RTX 4.6.2 to develop jobs and scheduled jobs in Talend integration suite.
- Introduced Inventory Management Policy, Quality Assurance Policy and an effective Production System Yield Model.
- Balanced the monthly plant’s capacity according to the end markets forecasted sales to assure an optimum performance of the plant.
- R ( 1 year)
- Hortonworks 2.1, Apache Hive and Spark, Kafka (1 year)
- Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MySQL V5, NoSQL (4 years)
- PL/SQL,SQL, JAVA, J2EE, C, HTML, JSP, XML(4 years)
- Talend / TableauV9.0, TIBCO Spotfire
- Apache Tomcat 5.0 & JBoss 4.0 (4 years)
- Talend RTX 4.1, R StudioV3.2.3, Eclipse, Toad, MySQL, NetBeans IDE
- • Lead medium sized teams for Production Support and handle multiple tasks with strong interpersonal, communication, technical aptitude and learning skills to adapt the rapid changing technologies and implementing the same at work
Groups & Associations