Data science, software development and engineering
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
I’m a Data scientist and Technical director. I also work as a Consultant in data science and software development.
During my career I’ve worked in the public and private sector, within local and distributed teams, providing solutions for clients and users in America and Europe.
- 2001 – pending: National Technological University (AR) / Information Systems Engineering (4 years)
- 1995 – 2000: Herman Hollerith Institute / Computer and software technician
Courses and certifications:
- 2017: DataCamp / Introduction to Spark in R using sparklyr
- 2017: LinkedIn Learning / Building Deep Learning Applications with Keras 2.0
- 2017: edX / MichiganX / DS101x – Data Science Ethics
- 2016: edX / UC BerkeleyX / XSeries – Data Science and Engineering with Apache Spark:
– CS105x: Introduction to Apache Spark
– CS120x: Distributed Machine Learning with Apache Spark
– CS110x: Big Data Analysis with Apache Spark
- 2016: Ministry of Productive Development / My Startup Project – Level 2
- 2016: edX / MITx + Kaggle / MITx 15.071x – The Analytics Edge
- 2016: Udacity / Data Visualization and D3.js. Communicating with Data (partially completed)
- 2016: Stanford University’s MOOC / Writing in the Sciences Course (partially completed)
- 2016: Stanford University’s MOOC / Statistical Learning Course
- 2016: Coursera / University of Washington / Machine Learning Foundations: A Case Study Approach
- 2015 – 2016: Coursera / Johns Hopkins University / Data Science Specialization:
– The Data Scientist’s Toolbox
– R Programming
– Getting and Cleaning Data
– Exploratory Data Analysis
– Reproducible Research
– Statistical Inference
– Regression Models
- 2015: Coursera / Johns Hopkins University / Executive Data Science Specialization:
– A Crash Course in Data Science
– Building a Data Science Team
– Managing Data Analysis
– Data Science in Real Life
- 2012: Kleer + Cluster Tucumán Technology / Advanced Agile methodologies
- 2011: Kleer + Cluster Tucumán Technology / Agile methodologies
- 2010: National Technological University (AR) / e-government
- 2009: FedISA (Paris, France) / Biometrics and e-government
- Data Science
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Big Data
- Data Ethics
- AI Safety
- Open Science
- Software Development
- Software Engineering
- 2016 – present: Coordination for Digital Education (CED) / Data scientist
Research, implementation and support activities for data-driven strategies.
- 2008 – present: Tucma Software / Technical manager
Team formation, management and hiring. Agile software development,
communication and consulting for Europe-based clients.
- 2007 – 2008: Sociedad Aguas del Tucumán (SAT) / Software developer and Data analyst
Web and desktop applications development. Data analysis for decision making.
- 2006 – 2007: Banco Tucumán / Software developer
Reengineering and integration of bank applications and processes.
- 2005 – 2006: Banco Macro / Software developer
Development of current and savings account applications. Migration processes.
- 2003 – 2005: Banco Empresario de Tucumán / Software developer
Development, support and implementation of applications for fixed-term
deposits, current and savings account.
- 1999 – 2002: Banco Empresario de Tucumán / Backoffice and Data analyst
Software support and requirements analysis for IT department. Data analysis for
decision making and business process improvement.
- 2017: R for Data Science / Online learning community / Mentor
- 2015 – present: Freelance / Data science consultant:
– KPI dashboards and reproducible report automation.
– Descriptive and predictive analysis with machine learning models.
– Pipeline for data analysis of social networks and website metrics.
– Text and sentiment analysis for social media and marketing.
– Survey analytics: Design, research and creation of interactive data products.
– Big data analysis and distributed machine learning.
– Communication handling with interested parties to generate data-driven impact.
- 2015 – present: Freelance / Software consultant: Dev process, Agile and team management.
- 2008 – 2010: Software Verification & Validation Lab at CIPCO / Research associate
- 2008: Freelance / Aplika / Software developer and Consultant
- 2006: Freelance / Scania Argentina / Software developer on a project basis
- 2017: Buró Coworking Meetup / Debate: Let’s talk AI
- 2011: TucumánValley Meetup / How to provide remote software services
- 2011: TucumánValley Meetup / Debate: Battle of the frameworks
- 2011: National Technological University (AR) / Digital signature in the public sector
- Java (10+ years)
- R (3 years)
- Python (6 months)
- Spark (1 year)
- HTML/CSS (15 years)
- AWS (2 years)
- DB/SQL (20 years)
- Git/SVN (10 years)
- Linux (10 years)
- Data Wrangling (3 years)
- Data Analysis (5 years)
- Data Science (3 years)
- Data Products (5 years)
- Machine Learning (3 years)
- Probability and Statistics (6 years)
- Reproducible Research (3 years)
- Engineering (10+ years)
- Management (10+ years)
- Remote Work (10+ years)
- Web/Mobile dev (10+ years)
- Agile/Scrum (7 years)
- QA/QC (7 years)
- Data Science, Mobile development, Offshoring, Outsourcing, Project Management, software development, Software engineering, Team Management, Web development
- English (Fluent), French (Basic), Spanish (native)