Data Scientist / Machine Learning
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
Currently pursuing interests in Data Science (R) and Artificial Intelligence (Octave, Azure ML). Knowledgeable on variety of Data Science & Machine Learning algorithms both Supervised and Unsupervised learning. Keen to develop deeper expertise and gain exposure in the ML space. My current ML knowledge includes:
Linear & Logistic Regression w/ Regularisation (Optimisation),
Neural Network Algorithms, Forward and Backward Propagation,
Support Vector Machine,
Decision Forest trees,
K-means Clustering, PCA, Anomaly detection
Looking forward to new opportunities working with Product firms/Start-ups in order to share my consulting experience, and also gain exposure in the DS/ML space.
IT professional with 17+ years’ experience in Program Management, Consulting, Product & Application Development (Agile & Waterfall), IT Strategy, and Client Account Management
Deep expertise in shaping and delivering Business led transformation programs, Product strategy & execution, IT Service Delivery, Change & Release Management
Adept at managing stakeholder & customer relationships across multiple levels in matrix organisation
Global experience working in North America, Sweden, UK, India and China in Onsite-Offshore model across industry verticals like Manufacturing, Payments, Health Care, and Entertainment
2015-2016: Data Science / Machine Learning (R, Octave, Azure ML)
2009 – 2010 Executive General Management Programme Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
2006 Project Management Professional Project Management Institute.
2000 Java Certified Programmer Sun Microsystems.
1998 Certified IBM trained AS/400 Professional
1994 – 1998 Bachelor of Engineering Mumbai University.
International Game Technology
Jun 2013 – Present Programme Manager London, UK.
• Managing strategic partnership at CxO levels with Partner organisation to develop market leading new Product features for digital channels.
• Leading Steering Committee meetings, driving key business-technology decisions, defining engagement processes/templates, identifying new strategic opportunities, reporting on strategic initiatives, proactively managing program delivery, engagement risks, economics, and client engagement.
• Developed ‘Engagement model’ based on Agile practices to transform execution capability of Product Management, Engineering and Customer roll-out teams in order to deliver on-target, improve time-to-value and enhance market share/top-line revenues.
• Managing cross-functional globally distributed near-shore & offshore teams (in UK, US, China)
• Managing all aspects of Project processes: User Stories, Spring Planning, Scrums (Agile), Project delivery, Demo with stakeholders, and Customer roll-out, handling budgets in excess of £3 million
• Managing Product and Architecture decisions, Compliance and Regulatory approvals (ACGC, GLI, etc.) for EU, North America and Canada markets.
• Managing Customer Integration & Roll-out projects across EMEA, defining KPI’s for measurement & tracking, leading process/service delivery initiatives targeted at improving delivery timelines, & customer satisfaction.
Aug 2011 – May 2013 GlaxoSmithKline – Programme Manager London, UK.
• Programme Manager responsible for programme planning & implementation of Cloud based Digital Marketing Platform and Adobe AEM at GSK.
• Managed globally distributed teams and stakeholders across Europe, North America, India, China and Japan.
• Managed programme across multiple tracks:
o Infrastructure Approval, procurement of Hardware/Software, Setup, Connectivity, Support and Disaster Recovery.
o Roadmap & Release strategy for Product features aligned with overall Business/IT needs.
o Application development, defining Digital process map, setup & customization, User access & authorization, Standard Operating Procedures, Training and Documentation.
o Drive adoption for cloud based shared services of Digital Marketing to increase usage and value realisation.
• Managed dependencies, issues, risks, decisions and communication across all levels.
• Managed contract and commercials to ensure adherence to SLA’s and other necessary commitments.
• Handled team of 60+ associates located near-shore and offshore in US, UK and India.
Feb 2011 – Aug 2011 Kinetic WorldWide – Account Manager London, UK.
• Client Account manager for Kinetic WorldWide and Meta (WPP group) responsible for overseeing all projects within the account for on-time, on-budget and on-target delivery.
• Developed relationships at CxO levels, selling Infosys’ Services and Consulting offerings.
• Proposed joint go-to-market strategies leveraging Infosys IP solutions and Kinetic marketing/analytics offerings.
• Managed P&L for the account, grew revenues by 35%.
• Europe anchor for managing Account Receivables and Revenue at Risk for Energy, Utility & Services vertical at Infosys.
Jan 2010 – Dec 2010 Infosys – Practice Lead Chennai, India.
• Created Practice Development strategy for Infosys’ Hospitality vertical to improve: Competency, Solution development, Industry awareness, affiliation with Industry & Academia, Branding, and Pre-sales & Sales activities.
• Led efforts to develop Knowledge management through knowledge sharing sessions, case studies, and domain certifications, gamified knowledge sharing through credit earning’s linked to performance appraisals.
• Led talent acquisition activities for Hospitality vertical.
• Mentored interns to help develop cohesive industry penetration sales and delivery strategy for Hospitality.
• Led marketing efforts by helping to develop Point of View, Blogs, and Case studies on Hospitality published in industry leading magazines and Infosys’ website.
Jan 2009 – Dec 2009 Melco Crown Entertainment – Consultant Macau, China.
• Helped CIO and CMO to develop Business led IT strategy.
• Provided valuation for build/buy decision for its core Casino application.
• Created roadmap for building and integrating CMS with Loyalty management application to deliver value in the short, medium and long term.
Dec 2008 – Jul 2009 Customer Value Management – Product Manager Chennai, India.
• Led development of Infosys’ Loyalty management application ‘Customer Value Management’ (CVM) for Gaming industry.
• Created sales collaterals for CVM and lead pre-sales & sales effort for specific target accounts in US, China and Australia.
Oct 2007 – Nov 2008 Las Vegas Sands – Account Manager Las Vegas, US.
• Account manager for Las Vegas Sands overseeing all projects within the account.
• Managed Partner alliances with Tibco, Cisco and Microsoft for joint solutions at Las Vegas Sands
• Managed CxO level relationships and mined accounts for solution offerings and IT strategy.
• Lead RFP pursuit’s co-ordinating with cross functional teams for prospects/clients.
Aug 2002 – Oct 2007 Harrah’s Entertainment – Program/Project Manager Reno, US.
• Managed multiple projects to deliver on key Strategic Programme initiatives related to Post-Merger integration, Application consolidation, Loyalty Management, etc.
• Responsible for creating, monitoring and controlling Programme plans that cut across multiple functional & technical areas to include Delivery, Risk, Quality, Communication and Release plans.
• Worked with executive stakeholders for key decision-making, prioritisation & strategy, periodic reporting, escalations, resourcing and budgets.
• Led efforts for compliance and licensing approvals on various projects (PGCB, NGCB).
• Setup, planned and managed Command Centre operations during deployments across various Casino properties (Harrah’s, Laughlin, Flamingo, Lake Tahoe, Rio, etc).
• Programs & Projects worked on:
o Program Management: One CMS Application Consolidation, Harrah’s – Caesar’s Post-Merger IT integration.
o Project Management: Table Touch Implementation, Kiosk implementation, Total Rewards II, CMS-EDW integration, Driver’s License implementation.
o Technical Lead: CMS-Tibco integration, Room Comp Decrementing, Reports.
Previous IT Work History
Sep 2000 – Jun 2002 American Express – Programmer Analyst Stockholm, Sweden.
• Worked on credit card application ‘RevMax’ for Sweden and Finland markets responsible for feature enhancements, handling data extracts and ETL, monthly invoice run, bug fixes, and production support tickets
DSQ Software Ltd.
Feb 2000 – Aug 2000 Baker Gauges Ltd. – Technical Lead Pune, India.
• Installation & Setup of Mapics XA ERP, custom developed features, managed Security & Administration policy setup, and provided Training and Documentation on customer features.
Jun 1999 – Jan 2000 Crompton Greaves Newage Ltd. – Technical Lead Ahmednagar, India.
• Installation & Setup of Mapics XA ERP, custom developed features, managed Security & Administration policy setup, and provided Training for Business/IT users.
Apr 1999 – May 1999 South Asia Tyres Ltd. – Programmer Aurangabad, India.
• Custom developed and integrated Excise (ModVAT) and Reporting software with Prism ERP.
Dec 1998 – Apr 1999 Bayer India Ltd. – Programmer Mumbai, India.
• Custom development and integration of excise and reporting software with Mapics XA ERP.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Aug 1997 – May 1998 Bhabha Atomic Research Centre – Internship Mumbai, India.
• Developed PID based Heat controller for TLD badge reader to measure radiation emission. Designed electronic circuits, PCB design and assembly, developed Assembly language hexadecimal code to program Micro-Controller, developed auto-calibration mechanism, and tested performance for accuracy and precision of PID controller for Industrial use.
- Program/Project Management, Product Management, PMO, Strategy and Planning, Service Delivery, Change Management, Relationship Management, Stakeholder Management, Client Engagement, Pre-Sales.
- Data Science (R), AI (Azure), Octave, AS/400, RPG, CL, HATS, Java, HTML, JSP, Tibco, SQL, DB2/400, XML, CMS (Adobe CQ5), MS Project, MS Visio, MS Office, MSP, Clarity, Quality Center (HP ALM), Jira, Confluence, SalesForce, SuccessFactors
- Gambling & Casinos, Payments, Hospitality, Digital Marketing, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing