Creative Data Analyst
Sharp, highly motivated, and fast learning technical professional with 6+ years experience in data analysis looking for an analytical role at a creative company.
Hitachi Data Systems Certified Specialist – Pentaho Business Analytics implementation
Florida State University B.S. Economics, Statistics minor, 2010-2013
Relevant Courses: Statistical Computing, ANOVA/Design of Experiments, Programming in C++, UNIX
Key Projects: Research Methods in Economics – Created scoring model to predict the likelihood of a census tract being a food desert or at risk of becoming one. Wrote scripts in R which wrangled data for over 2000 Floridian census tracts from the Census Bureau and Dept. of Agriculture. Trained logistic regression to test scoring model and concluded that a lack of SNAP (formerly food stamp) funds have significant impact on probability of a census tract having low food access.
Florida State University B.M. Music Theory & Composition, 2005-2009
Relevant Courses: Digital Music Synthesis, Technology in Music
Key Projects: Senior Thesis
Pentaho, A Hitachi Group Company – Orlando, FL
Leading data integration and business analytics company with an Agile, enterprise-class, open-source, Java based platform for diverse embedded analytics and big data deployments.
Support Operations – BI Developer Dec. 2015 – Present
Senior Software Support Engineer Dec. 2015 – Present
Software Support Engineer Aug. 2014 – Dec. 2015
Associate Software Support Engineer Feb. 2014 – Aug. 2014
Responsibilities: Wrangling personal and customer data in order to troubleshoot performance of customer use-cases. First point of contact for clients and interacting directly with Data Engineers, Analysts, Data Scientists, and Architects in order to troubleshoot, tune performance, document defects and enhancements, and answer a wide variety of technical and Best Practices questions related to Pentaho’s business intelligence and data integration software suite. Interacting directly with Engineering, QA, Services, and Sales teams. Reporting directly to Director and Senior VP.
- Lead BI Developer and Analyst for Support Analytics project.
- Engineered data pipeline from cloud-based customer support platform to data warehouse on RDBMS.
- Database design
- Built reporting platform (pixel pefect and OLAP crosstabs) on data warehouse for upper management and Enterprise Architects in Customer Care.
- Consistent top performer in Platform, Reporting, and Data Integration teams and solved over 1000 client cases concerning data modeling, ETL processes, distributed systems, and reports using multiple heterogeneous datasources.
Homes.com, Homes Media Solutions – Tallahassee, FL
Marketing platform for real estate agents and brokers
Member Services Representative Apr. 2012 – Dec. 2012
Responsibilities: Providing support with AgentAdvantage & eNeighborhoods marketing and MLS platform.
- Consistently met weekly retention, customer service, and sales performance metric goals set by management.
- Trained and assisted 6 new team members on Homes.com policies, procedures, processes, and products.
- Acted as liaison between clients, and Billing, Dev/Engineering, Design, and Business Consultant departments.
- R (4 years experience)
- SQL (3 years experience)
- SAS (3 years experience)
- Pentaho (3 years experience)
- Python (1 year experience)