A Data Scientist with three years experience working with the US Federal Government. Work tasks included statistical analysis of large data sets, some data visualization, and working with GIS data in a PostGres SQL database.
I also have one year experience working as a founder and CTO of a IoT startup. I did the hardware design, wrote firmware utilizing a mesh network, and 3D printing of a prototype.
- B.S. Physics, Computer Science concentration, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- M.S. Applied Mathematics, Johns Hopkins University
Data Scientist, JTA/FAA US Federal Government Contractor, 2011-2014
- Parsed raw communication and radar data directly from system source into useful format for analysis.
- Performed regression analysis on various data sets, including but not limited to radar and aircraft communication data.
- Developed supporting tutorial documentation various tool set products for end users.
- Worked on a team of engineers to develop toolsets to process and visualize radar data to assist high level analysts and government personnel in decision making.
- Perform Risk Adjusted Cost/Benefit analysis for financial investments for future projects.
- Utilized Monte Carlo methods and other statistical techniques to extrapolate results from various communication systems performance case studies.
- Developed an automated queuing delay model for analysis of communication system performance.
- Developed a series of queries, mathematical coordinate system transformations, and Perl/SQL scripts to process raw radar and airspace data for display in Google Earth.
- Utilized a series of SQL queries, MATLAB scripts, and excel spreadsheets to collect, process, and present financial impact of various government projects.
- Conducted training sessions to teach end users how to use company produced software. Task included preparing lesson plans, demonstrations, and basic lecture.
PLUTO, Founder and CTO, 2015-Present
- Developed firmware for microcontrollers utilizing Bluetooth and NFC.
- Modified and continued development of a mesh network for communication between numerous microcontrollers.
- Developed an Android app to communicate and control electronics via Bluetooth.
- Designed hardware schematics and PCB layout for electronic devices.
- Designed a 3D printable plastic casing for prototyping purposes.
- R (4 years Experience)
- MATLAB (6 years Experience)
- GIS (3 years Experience)
- PostGRES SQL (3 years Experience)
- Data Science, R
- English (native)