Economic Analyst/R Programmer
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
I am a PhD student in economics. Before starting my PhD, I worked as a consultant for the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and for the World Bank.
For both organizations I was conducting empirical research on structural change which was used in reports on industrial development and policy evaluation.
I have been using R extensively during my time as a consultant for these organizations and in my academic research.
I am experienced in preparing and merging databases (online data sources, relational databases) and empirical modelling (including panel/longitudinal and time series), and in Shiny.
Higher Technical Education Institute (HTL Donaustadt), Majoring in Information Technology and Business Administration, 1999-2005.
BSc in Economics (Vienna Universtiy of Economics and Business), 2006-2009.
BA in Political Science (University of Vienna), 2007 – 2010.
MSc in Economics (Vienna Universtiy of Economics and Business), 2010-2012.
PhD in Economics (The New School, New York), since 2014.
- 2016: Consultant, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), Vienna: Research on Structural Change in Manufacturing.
- 2016: Teaching Assistant, The New School, New York. Advanced Macroeconomics II.
- 2015 – 2016 Report Writer, United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), Geneva. Chapter on “Enhancing job creation through the green transformation” in Report on Green Industrial Policy (forthcoming).
- 2015 – 2016 Research Assistant, The New School, New York.
Research on macroeconomics and monetary policy in an era of low inflation and deflation.
- 2015 Consultant, The World Bank, Washington, D.C.
Study on the direct and indirect employment effects of industrial policy.
- Consultant, UNIDO, Vienna.
Empirical research on Structural Change in Manufacturing.
Assistance in Drafting the Global Green Growth Report (UNIDO and Global Green Growth
Institute (GGGI), 2015),
Assistance in Drafting the Industrial Development Report 2013 (UNIDO, 2013)
- -) R (experienced user)
- -) Shiny (intermediate), HTML5, CSS, bootstrap
- -) Latex, tikz, rmarkdown for report writing
- -) SQL (intermediate)
- -) Linux
- -) basic knowledge of scientific computing in Python and Matlab
- English, German