Programmer / Data Analyst
|Career Status:||Actively looking|
|Willing to relocate:|
|Willingness to travel:||Willing to travel|
Hello, my name is Nathan Teetor. I am an R enthusiast, computer scientist, and easy-going individual with a passion for creativity and a productive to-do list. I have experience and enjoy building R packages, where much of my work thus far has focused on broader, multi-purpose tool development. Recently I have turned my attention to web application development and am interested in furthering my understanding and usage of core concepts, languages, and libraries.
2010-2014 // Oberlin College // Oberlin, OH
Computer Science, major
Political Science, minor with focus in quantitative techniques
2016-Present // Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health // Boston, MA
Data Analyst / Programmer
- Created animated visualizations of TB trends in the US, used for presentations at the Fall 2016 CDC NEEMA meeting; R, ggplot2, gganimate.
- Developed Shiny application for exploring projected TB trends in the US between 2016 and 2100, included interactive visualization with custom labelling and multiple tabs for distinct visualizations, 508 compliant, presented to CDC DTBE in 2016 at biannual meeting; R, jQuery, Bootstrap, CSS.
- Assisted PPML team with Git, GitHub, and R through presentations and one-on-one meetings.
2015-2016 // MORNING CONSULT // WASHINGTON, DC
- Developed R package to automate in house survey project creation, monitoring, and adjustment for the polling team; R, R6, httpuv.
THE OAKLEAF GROUP //
- Developed R package to handle extensive loan review project. Package gathered and tidied data, calculated relevant statistics, and generated Excel reports for non- and technical clients; R.
- Assistant instructor for ASA CSP 2015 conference course on R, R package creation and version control, specifically within the RStudio application.
- Tool set: Python, R, Bash, xpath, Excel
- _Used in recent projects_
- _Familiar with_
- Sublime Text
- OS X, Windows, Linux
- Good written and verbal communication, Open to new ideas, Quick learner, Team player
- English (native)