Business Data Analyst
Over 10-years financial services industry experience with strong ability to explain difficult business problems through
predictive analytics, professional presentations, and domain expertise. Outperformed analytical reasoning abilities of 90%
of my cohort entering business school and have continuously improved upon technical and nontechnical skills since then.
Graduate Certificate Data Sciences and Business Analytics, UNC Charlotte January 2016 to August 2016
MBA with Finance Concentration, Portland State University June 2002 to December 2003
Bachelor of Psychology with Science Minor, East Carolina University August 1998 to December 2000
Scrum Product Owner-CSPO Scrum Alliance (In Progress) October 2016 to December 2016
Data Visualization with Tableau Duke University & Coursera September 2016 to October 2016
Up and Running with R Studio Lynda.com June 2016 to July 2016
Introduction to R Programming Microsoft.com & EdX August 2015 to September 2015
Mastering Leadership Dynamics The BB&T Leadership Institute December 2011 to January 2012
Credit Analysis FICO Professional FICO.com & Allregs Academy May 2010 to July 2010
Leadership Development Program BB&T University January 2007 to June 2007
Credit Analyst, Wells Fargo and Co. Private Mortgage Banking (PMB) March 2013 to May 2016
• Performed complex financial analysis and co-approved loans of up to one million dollars for wealth clients.
• Protected company from excessive financial exposure through credit risk analytics and key recommendations.
• Developed wide ranging business relationships across internal channels and with industry partners externally.
• Consistently exceeded quality score thresholds by 15% or more while meeting established production goals.
Assistant Vice President, BB&T Mortgage and Leadership Development (LDP) January 2007 to March 2013
• Handled communication between SQL developers and mortgage team for electronic documents roll-out.
• Researched, developed, and won executive approval for innovative credit program that launched in 2012.
• Hired for and completed BB&T’s competitive leadership development program, from over 1,000 applicants.
• Provided research to Freddie Mac executives including CEO Ed Haldeman contributing to HARP 2.0 changes.
• Built professional networking group of over 50 businesses and achieved 120% of annualized revenue goals.
Mortgage Loan Officer and Leadership Associate, New Century Financial Corp. March 2005 to December 2006
• Produced over 85 mortgage units for more than $13 Million dollars in volume.
• Researched, and proposed a strategic alliance with Home Depot to management.
• Was selected for NCEN Management Development Program from over 5,000 associates.
• Interviewed prospective new employees and made recommendations for or against hiring.
Business Analyst Internship, Doncaster’s Medical Technologies January 2004 to December 2004
• Designed and conducted competitive forces survey with executives, customers, and suppliers.
• Gathered requirements and analyzed the business processes of a medical implant manufacturer.
• Presented a series of findings using descriptive and inferential statistics using MS Excel and MySQL.
• Concluded engagement by recommending a manufacturing expansion, for which the firm budgeted $800K.
- Technical Computing Skills: Tableau dashboards, and storyboarding for data visualization, statistical computing with Excel, R, and SPSS. Competencies in MySQL and Linux. Currently skill building in Hadoop, HiveQL, natural language processing in Python, cloud computing in AWS. Leadership: Long history of leading work groups to solutions of tough problems in professional and academic settings. Also have substantial experience in leadership development and have recently completed a technical analysis of big data as Scrum Master using an Agile approach.
- Communication: Interactive style that conveys technical findings of data-driven problems to non-technical teams through persuasive presentations, analytic writing, and corporate story telling so that data is easily understood. Supervised and Unsupervised Learning: Inferential statistics with linear regression and classification with Bayes Theorem. Predictive modeling with MLE, market basket, principal components, decision tree and entropy analysis, ‘CART’.