john J hammond
A student of data science and database design. I am highly motivated and enjoy my work.
- Masters of Information Technology, University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, Maryland, 2016
- Chief Information Officer Institute (CIOI) Executive Education Certificate, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg, PA, 2011
- Bachelor of Information Technology, Summa Cum Laude, American InterContinental University, Hoffman Estates, IL, 2007
- A.A.S., Electronic Engineering Technology, Gadsden State Community College, Gadsden, AL, 1993
- Advanced Academic Graduate of Gaston High School, Gadsden, Alabama, 1990
ADDITIONAL TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- NETAPP – NCDA DATA OnTap 7-Mode training, 2013
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional CISSP Exp. 2017
- GIAC Certified Security Essentials – SANS 401, Exp. 2018
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler – SANS 504, Exp. 2018
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator SQL 2005
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2003
- CompTIA Security +
- UNIX Certificate
- Oracle 8 Training, Oracle 10g R2 and 11g Training, Online Skillsoft, 2009
- MS Access 2003 Basic and Advanced Programming Training, Online Skillsoft, 2006
- IBM DB2 Training – Administration O/S – AIX NT OS/400, Online Skillsoft, 2006
- Guardian Edge 9.5.1 configuration and deployment training, Guardian Edge, 2010
- Project Management Professional training, Online Skillsoft 2009
- IEEE CDSP Training, Online Skillsoft 2009
- Windows Azure and SQL Azure Training, Microsoft Cloud Design, Microsoft 2011
- Window 2008 Server R2 HPC training, Microsoft TechNet 2011
- Hybrid Windows 2008 Linux HPC, Microsoft Technet, HPCWire.com and LinuxHPC.ORG, 2011
- SAIC (SE 101) Fundamentals of Systems Engineering – 2007
- DoD Information Assurance Awareness – 2016
- R Studio and Shiny – Rstudio.com – 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 – Installation and Administration – Microsoft, 2015
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 – Introduction and Administration – Microsoft, 2016
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 – Installation and Administration – Skillsoft, 2015
Over twenty years of experience providing technical support, security, network design and project management in database design, management and sustainment. Specialized experience with database management, design and development under multiple platforms, designing and implementing networks, infrastructure design, active directory planning, web development, router and switch installation, and firewall configuration and maintenance. Personnel management in both technical and non-technical fields over the entire span of my career.
HARDWARE: IBM Compatible PCs, AS400, HP3000 Mainframe, APPLE Mac and IPAD, Android Devices
SOFTWARE: MS FoxPro, MS Visual Basic, MS Access, MS C++, C#, JAVA, MASM 6.0, RPG, Windows 2003 server, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2008 R2 Server, LINUXHPC, Windows 2008 R2 HPC Pack, Windows AZURE, Red Hat, FreeBSD, Ubuntu and Ubuntu Server, Knoppix, CentOS, other various distros, MSSQL 7.0, MSSQL 2000, MSSQL 2005, MSSQL 2008, MSSQL 2008R2, MSSQL 2012, MSSQL 2014, MSSQL Reporting Services, MSSQL Analysis Services, MSSQL SSIS, SQL AZURE, GreenPlum, Sybase, PostGRE, Oracle 8, Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, Oracle 12c, Oracle Golden Gate, Hadoop, HBase, Ambari, DCache, R 3.2.3, R Studio, Shiny.
SPECIFIC TASK EXPERIENCE:
Science Applications International Corporation – SAIC, Inc.
November 6, 2006 – Present
Senior Database Administrator:
- Network Security Systems (NSS) installation team member using Microsoft SQL Server and various other RDBMS in both planning and installation for all sites worldwide.
- Traveled to various sites to conduct installations, perform testing, training, technical writing and presentations.
- Installation, management and migrations of SPAWAR Enterprise Solutions Operations Center (ESOC) databases with Oracle 8, SQL 2000, SQL 2005, SQL 2008, SQL 2008 R2, and SQL 2012 in a secured environment.
- Installation and authoring of secured database scripts to enforce DISA STIG requirements of encryption, backups and permissions control of databases and applications in the enterprise environment.
- Database modeling that encompasses data warehousing with both the Kimball and Microsoft Inman methodologies.
- Development of ETL packages and Data Manipulation packages with Integrated Services in SQL Management Studio for multiple projects including an Oracle 8 mainframe conversion.
- R Studio experience in lab testing with multiple algorithms including Neural Networks, Naïve Bayes, Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, KMEANS Clustering with the addition of Conditional Inference Tree Model to build classification models with Shiny as a presentation solution.
- Development of Reporting Services reports and maintaining changes of existing reports.
- Database lead in the development of the (DAR) Data at Rest initiative for the Navy Medicine program in SQL configuration, Security scripting, and documentation.
- Management and sustainment of the med.navy.mil website SharePoint databases, the Navy Medicine Remedy databases, and most other ESOC asset databases throughout the entire Navy Medicine network.
- Authoring of both VB and C# code in production on various systems in ESOC.
- Development of documentation for security hardening under DIACAP and DITSCAP for 8570 Compliance.
Universal American Financial Corporation/CHCS Services
December 29, 2004 – October 31, 2006
Sr. Database Administrator:
- Setup and maintenance of all database servers.
- Acting management of the database staff.
- Specification of database servers.
- Configuration and analysis procedure management.
- Installation and management of Enterprise Business Objects.
- Planning and management of database migrations and consolidations.
- Installed, maintained, and upgraded over 60 instances of SQL 2000 and 2005.
- Planning and management of all ETL packages thru DTS and SSIS including authorship of a large portion of the software code.
- Maintained and participated in the design of data warehouses running under Microsoft Analysis Services that included MDX query writing and database tuning.
Bay Minette, AL
April 1, 2003 – August 12, 2004
SQL Database Administrator:
- Firewall Security Officer and Network Administrator.
- Setup and maintenance of websites, database servers and various computer equipment, and internet security.
- Administration of IIS, Windows Server and Enterprise Server 2000 and 2003, MS SQL 2000 and Enterprise edition MS SQL 2000, IBM DB2 on NT and AS/400 on the 170, 720, 800 series.
- Administration of WatchGuard Firebox II firewalls running through two separate T – 1 ‘s and McAfee WebShield Virus Appliance.
- Administration of Symbiator SQL server AS/400 real time replication solution.
- Database security.
CIVIC AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- (ISC2) – International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium
- ACM – Association of Computer Manufacturers
- IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- APPLE – Standard Developer Network IPHONE and IPAD
- IACR – International Association of Cryptographic Researchers
- InfraGard – Member in Good Standing
- UPE – Upsilon Pi Epsilon
2010 – Bravo Zulu DAR special projects.
- MS FoxPro, MS Visual Basic, MS Access, MS C++, C#, JAVA, MASM 6.0, RPG, Windows 2003 server, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2008 R2 Server, LINUXHPC, Windows 2008 R2 HPC Pack, Windows AZURE, Red Hat, FreeBSD, Ubuntu and Ubuntu Server, Knoppix, CentOS, other various distros, MSSQL 7.0, MSSQL 2000, MSSQL 2005, MSSQL 2008, MSSQL 2008R2, MSSQL 2012, MSSQL 2014, MSSQL Reporting Services, MSSQL Analysis Services, MSSQL SSIS, SQL AZURE, GreenPlum, Sybase, PostGRE, Oracle 8, Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g, Oracle 12c, Oracle Golden Gate, Hadoop, HBase, Ambari, DCache, R 3.2.3, R Studio, Shiny.