Data Science Evangelist
Experienced technology, product and project leader with strong portfolio of success directing the development of technology architectures, software systems, services and operations. Deep technology knowledge in all aspects of enterprise architecture, desktop delivery solutions, development methods, and emerging IT trends with the unique supplemental ability to rationalize business requirements and correlate both for optimum investment value. Transcendent leader able to get the most out of people. Data science focused in delivering business insights from big data through data munging and machine learning leveraging R and delivering impactful and reproducible experimental research.
Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration: University of Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
Bachelor of Engineering Science: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Johns Hopkins – Mastering Software Development in R (Coursera – in progress)
- Microsoft Data Science Professional (2016) (See https://academy.microsoft.com/Certificates/78728fbc-330d-4c50-9ea0-600dfb641159 )
- Duke University – Linear Regression, Inferential Statistics, Probability & Data (Coursera) (2015)
- Johns Hopkins Data Science Specialization (10 courses)+ Capstone (Coursera) (2015)
- Professional Scrum Master
- Microsoft Technology Associate – Software Development
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Microsoft Certified Engineer (MCSE)
LENDINGTREE, Charlotte, NC July 2015 – Present
LendingTree is the leading online loan marketplace with the largest network of lenders in the nation.
Director Product Management – Technology & Platform
Responsible for the requirements, design, build and deployment of new technologies, architectures and applications to grow company capitalization from $1B to $10B in next 5 years. Introduced data science into the development process to uncover new opportunities, improve operation efficiencies and delight customers for life. Developed machine learning algorithms that provide 3% increased revenue with no business process changes.
NAVEX Global, Charlotte, NC
NAVEX Global helps protects employees, reputation and bottom line through a comprehensive suite of ethics and compliance software, content and services. More than 8,000 clients in 200+ countries.
Senior Product Manager and Product Owner leading software product lifecycles from pre-sales through client care developing enterprise SaaS ethics and compliance software worldwide. Re-envisioning and engineering workflows across departmental boundaries to delight customers in all phases of adoption. Laser focused on identifying the real needs of the clients and translating them into actionable items in an agile/scrum development environment.
- Realigned product management to external client voice of the customer focus over internal what we think is right.
- Developed shareable, real time custom dashboards focused on product sales, revenue, quality and development velocity metrics and KPIs.
MCKESSON, Charlotte, NC
Fortune 15 organization serving the healthcare market providing health information systems that drive the financial & clinical success of hospitals.
Technology Software Product Manager
Technology leader setting the technology direction of an enterprise application suite, including all infrastructure decisions and adoption of new application architectures while envisioning and developing enterprise software solutions. Developed and managed 8 applications. Balanced high-level, user-centric objectives with detailed and carefully considered designs. Responsible for the coordination of the cross-functional teams composed of business leaders, sales, marketing, services, support, business analysts, development, internal support functions and external customers. (50% customer facing)
- Leveraged market and competitive information to create realistic and achievable strategic and product plans producing a reliable multi-year planning roadmaps. Articulated the market opportunities, evaluated and recommended alternative solutions (including various build / buy / partner strategies), clarified financial model / ROI implications, lifecycle progression, investment focus and mix.
- Re-architected software platform to move to highly scalable web applications.
- Program Manager that led the development of key new applications (>$20M) including Paragon Pharmacy and Computerized Physician Order Entry.
- Implemented changes reducing hardware and software licensing expenses by 40%-70% while increasing overall profitability.
- Product Management (10+ years)
- Program Management (10+ years)
- R Programming (3 years)
- Software Development (10+ years)
- Agile/Scrum (7+ years)
- English (Fluent), Spanish (basic)