Senior Strategy Analyst /Statistician
With 14 years of systemic research in both finance and economic fields of study, I possess proven leadership ability, project management acumen, problem identification and solution strategies, and breakthrough thinking skills. Adept at relaying complex technical information, establishing program direction and implementing feasible action plans through research, concept development, and policy implementation.
Accurately assessed project requirements, resource availability, cost and benefit to build consensus among peers, management and subordinates at all levels and backgrounds. Implemented quality control checks to ensure highest performance, and to optimize available resources by improving accuracy.
Experienced: Economic Forecasting, Econometrics, Financial Econometrics, Financial Pricing Models, Portfolio Risk Analysis and Strategic Analysis, Written and Oral Communication, Financial Analytics, Statistical Modeling and Analysis. Expert proficiency: Microsoft Office, Business Objects, PL/SQL, SQL*Plus, MSSQL, MySQL, STATA, R, SAS, Python, Unix/Linux, and shell scripting.
Bachelor of Arts: Business Management (Finance); Virginia Wesleyan College.
Master of Arts: Economics; Old Dominion University (Econometric Concentration)
Master of Science: Applied and Computational Mathematics (Statistics) Presumptive (May 2016).
2013 to Present Senior Portfolio Strategy Analyst
Portfolio Recovery Associates, Norfolk, Virginia
- Performed financial and operational strategic analyst on the firm’s debt portfolio, for determination of the financial quality and legal eligibility of accounts for the legal decision making process.
- Utilized SQL Server 2008 R2, Oracle SQL Developer and data warehouse, SAP Business Object, R, Python, and Unix/Linux based command-line structure to performed portfolio strategy analytics for a multi-million dollar owned portfolio. I leveraged my economics education to develop investment strategies that are academically vetted analytical techniques that maximize profits and minimize costs, and provide maximum utility for our shareholders.
- I employed multiple programing languages and techniques to performed T-SQL programing, regression statistical analysis, categorical design and analysis of experiments (factorial design, randomized complete block design, Latin and Greco-Latin square, etc.), and other inferential statistical techniques to facilitate big data analysis.
2012 to 2013 Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, Virginia
- Assisted Eminent Scholar, E.V. Williams Fellow, Professor of International Business, Dr. Shaomin Li, with administrative, teaching, and research duties associated with International Business, and professorial working papers.
- Served as primary research assistant for Dr. Li’s 2012 publication of a global wealth study. Responsible for the formulation of data, regression output analysis, and citation vetting throughout the writing process.
1999 to 2012 Operations Manager
United States Navy, Norfolk, Virginia
- Developed, organized, and managed the implementation of a complete revision of local standard operating procedures, to ease Naval helicopter squadrons in the transition from shore based autonomous units to deployed aircraft carrier ready-based assets, deployable within a 48 hour window.
- Leveraged my expert Naval ERP proficiency to manage maintenance and supply chain support staff of 13 work centers consisting of 550 personnel performing scheduled/unscheduled maintenance on multiple aircraft with a $160 million annual repair parts budget.
- Created a trend analysis system to track aviation maintenance discrepancies, and recommended functional solutions to higher management for applicable corrective actions, reducing costs throughout the supply chain, and decreasing critical safe-for-flight aircraft component “time-to-market” timelines.
- Revised squadron off site resource tracking to reduce unnecessary or redundant spending, and improved overall inventory control of all required spare parts.
- Implemented systemic models to identify training deficiencies, reduce cost and time-to-train timelines, while increasing individual squadron availability for fleet-wide deployments.
- Program manager for Naval Aircrew Production Plan Integrated Production Data Repository; managed and tracked the progression of all Naval Aircrew and Rescue Swimmer Students and Fleet Replacement Pilots in the MH-60S training pipeline. This system further reduced cost in Naval Aircrewmen time-to-train deadlines, by tracking student progression from indoctrination through graduation, which streamlined training, increased efficiency, and decreased cost to training, by $20,000 per student, through a reduction of aircraft maintenance hours, jet fuel expense, and aircraft component repair cost.
- R (3 years experience)
- SQL (MSSQL,PL/SQL) (2 years experience)
- SAS (3 years experience)
- STATA (3 years experience)
- Advance MS Office (10 years experience )
- break-through thinking, management, Problem solving, Public speaking, Research and Development
Groups & Associations
- AER, ASA, Econometric Society